Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Mazda 6 with 129k miles on it. Never had a single issue with the vehicle until this week and now I’m having several.

My A/C went out first and upon closer inspection, the air compressor wasn’t coming on at all. Got that problem fixed and now have cold air again, but now I’ve got a new set of problems.

When I start the car, the following lights come on and stay on: Check engine, DSC OFF, AT, and traction control.

I know basically nothing about cars, so bare with me here.... when I put the car in reverse, it has a very harsh transition. Almost like it’s snapping into gear. It is also extremely slow to accelerate, to the point that I would be scared to pull out into traffic, etc. It does alright once it gets going but it seems the RPMs are a bit high as well.

Any ideas what might be going on? This cropped up very suddenly, as in everything was perfectly fine and normal yesterday and now today it’s not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It could also be a low battery issue, since its low some how when turning the car on the energy is so low that it messes with the sensors on the car and thus it sends malfunctions all over the place (traction control for example has nothing to do with catalytic converter as noted by the other fellow but still shows as a malfunction on your dashboard nor the AT light has to do anything with cat converter)
My advise is check the battery at an autozone or oreilly and see what they say (most of the times they say oh its bad you need to buy Another one, so before doing that look for a sticker on the battery showing when a date like 5/18 or 9/15 stuf like that showing month/year or manufacturing, batteries last about 4years so if it keep that in mind) ALSO HIGHLY RECOMEND TO YOU BUYING A BLUE THOOTH OBD II SCANNER (amazon or ebay are only about 15 bucks) and run a scann and will tell you exactly whats going on. Let me know if you have questions how to use it.

Cheers

·
Rally Racer
2,268 Posts
Hello, I would find out what your check engine light is reporting.
I like the battery idea as I have read this issue before on this forum.
Have you checked the transmission fluid? Should tell you how in the owners manual. I believe engine running in PARK with transmission hot.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I'm with the Doctor on this one. Find out what the code(s) is (are) and proceed from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts