Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a Mazda 6 2004 GG series that has 287 000 KM on the odometer. It is also a right-hand drive car from Australia.
The car runs and drives but has issues appearing. These are rough shifting gears, AT light appearing and changing into 4th gear and not leaving that gear until I restart my car. It also will not engage reverse (this is one of my main concerns as it is essential). The car just revs and goes nowhere. I have tried to research the problem and have tried to replace the PCM, but once swapped the car will not turn over. I think that this is a programming issue? Any help or tips will be muchly appreciated Thanks.

On a side note, I have changed the automatic transmission fluid 3 times (flushed it) and have changed the automatic transmission filter. The solenoids have been check and seem to be in good condition. I have also run an OBD scanner and nothing has come up as an error code.

This was my previous condition of which i posted about before. This is the paragrapgh listed above.

New issues that I have encountered with the car are; the car has clicked into reverse but now does not drive properly from 1-4. No power and the car brakes automatically slam on once I reach a speed of over 20km/hr in first gear. what I have narrowed it down to from personal research is the PCM or possible clogged oil pump which does not allow the correct amount of hydraulic pressure through to engage gears. I am thinking of getting the transmission flushed with pressure and drained to the bare bones.

To fix the reverse issue listed originally I drained some ATF and added the Lucas treatment. I then went for a drive to try and run the Lucas treatment through the transmission. in doing this I kept trying reverse until it finally clicked in. in doing this it blew smoke from the transmission or engine, ( it smelt like ATF fluid ) the car now works immaculately in reverse but 1-4 gears do not work and lack extreme power. Also, the AT light comes on and the manual mode does not work. Also, there are no engine warning lights and no error codes on the OBD scanner.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. I am a first-time car owner and have an apprenticeship and go to school. Anything helps please and thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update!!
I am now getting an error with the ODB scanner. it says error code gears 2 and 4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check the electric connections to the trans including all the ground/earth points. And ensure the shift linkage has no lost motion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts