Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search around and didn't find a good thread on this topic so I thought I'd start it out. I'm at 41,000 miles and its time to get the transmission fluid flushed. No matter what Mazda says about "lifetime fluid", I definitely think it needs to be done, especially since there's no serviceable filter. Called my dealer and they want $124.99 to do the flush. Does that sound high/low or right on?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Search around and didn't find a good thread on this topic so I thought I'd start it out. I'm at 41,000 miles and its time to get the transmission fluid flushed. No matter what Mazda says about "lifetime fluid", I definitely think it needs to be done, especially since there's no serviceable filter. Called my dealer and they want $124.99 to do the flush. Does that sound high/low or right on?
[/b]
that sounds like they are draining and filling, not flushing. the t.c. more then 50% of the fluid, and that doesnt drain, you can only flush it out with a machine. my dealer charges 199.00

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I got mine hooked to the machine it costed me $75.....I had a coupon though...
[/b]
Called the local Firestone Complete Auto Care and they quoted me $110, plus they've got a 15% coupon on the website right now...not a bad deal.

·
Registered
810 Posts
you should be looking at about $100

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If your still under warranty, I would pay the extra and have the dealer do it. I've heard to many horror stories about tranny's going south shortly after a 'power flush'. If the dealer does the flush and the tranny acts wierd, they can't blame it on some other transmission shop leaving you stuck in the middle. Yearly drain & fills are just fine and very safe...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your still under warranty, I would pay the extra and have the dealer do it. I've heard to many horror stories about tranny's going south shortly after a 'power flush'. If the dealer does the flush and the tranny acts wierd, they can't blame it on some other transmission shop leaving you stuck in the middle. Yearly drain & fills are just fine and very safe...
[/b]
So you're not a big fan of flushing? I've always heard cautionary tales about flushing vs. dropping the pan and changing the filter, but that's not possible with the 6 so that's why I did the flush.

Had it done today at Northtowne Mazda in KC MO and it cost me $132 with tax. That's their normal rate for any car. A little higher than I would have liked but until my warranty is up I'm sticking with the dealership I bought the car from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts