Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Mazdaspeed 6 to a shop for a complete synthetic fluid change. I thought I purchased 3 quarts of Redline MT90 for the transmission but it turned out that it was actually only 2 quarts of Redline MT90 and too many quarts Redline 75w90 Gear oils (4). I didnt know I only had two quarts of MT90 until I went to look for quart #3 and couldnt find it. To make matters worse the funnel I used spilled about 1/2 quart. So now I have 1 1/2 quarts of MT90 and the remainder of the transmission is filled with Redline 75w90. This was the only thing I could do since I already drained the factory fill. Does anyone know if this will be a problem. I was planning on ordering 3 more quarts of MT90 but I am unsure if I should continue driving the car until I get the fluid switched out. Appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I took my Mazdaspeed 6 to a shop for a complete synthetic fluid change. I thought I purchased 3 quarts of Redline MT90 for the transmission but it turned out that it was actually only 2 quarts of Redline MT90 and too many quarts Redline 75w90 Gear oils (4). I didnt know I only had two quarts of MT90 until I went to look for quart #3 and couldnt find it. To make matters worse the funnel I used spilled about 1/2 quart. So now I have 1 1/2 quarts of MT90 and the remainder of the transmission is filled with Redline 75w90. This was the only thing I could do since I already drained the factory fill. Does anyone know if this will be a problem. I was planning on ordering 3 more quarts of MT90 but I am unsure if I should continue driving the car until I get the fluid switched out. Appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Thanks.
[/b]
I'm not sure how or why I got a notification for this thread, but now that I'm here I can clear a few things up.

If I remember correctly all the redline fluids are synthetic. I not sure what weight mazda recommends for the MS6 tranny, but a 75w90 is a good all year round weight so you should be ok if not better than with just the MT90 as long as the GL rating is compatible.

Anatoly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts