Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry for posting a question as a first post. I have been reading a lot of good stuff on this forum but never had the knowledge to add something useful :nerd:

When I accelerate normally to 40mph in automatic mode it seems to kind of hover up and down around 2000 rpm until I release the gas and it gets in 6th gear. It feels somewhat sluggish and not really as it is gearing up.

This got me worried so I started testing in manual mode. It responds normally in 1st to 3rd gear. Traction right away, no weird rpm jumps etc. In 4th and 5th gear it acts differently. Rpm seems to go up first for a moment by 300-400 and then down when I feel it lock. I think this could be the cause of the floaty feeling when I accelerate.

I took it to the dealer and explained, they couldn't find anything. So I had the sparkplug exchanged and transmission fluid exchanged. This did not solve anything.

This is a 2009 mazda 6 gt 3.7 with 60k miles.

I hopersonally you guys have any suggestions :smile2:

Thanks.

Ian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi

After further looking around I think the TCC is slow to lock. That is why I have the feeling it floats when accelerating. It takes about a second to lock and therefore I feel extra shifts (actually is the locking of the TCC) when accelerating, is this normal?

Also I feel it unlock and lock when there are some slight slopes on the highway, which causes the higher mileage that I am experiencing. Are there others who experience this?

Thanks.

Ian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts