Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 6i ATX (don't know if the year makes a difference, but I thought I'd let you know just in case) and I know that a transmission cooler for the automatic transmission will protect it but are there any noticable performance gains from the cooler? Will the car accelerate any faster? I know that the B&M kit is good option but I also know it does not come with everything. If I were to install it myself, I would have to get the other materials, but if I were to take it to a place to get it installed, will I still have to purchase the other materials, or should they have the other necessary materials in their facility?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
shifts become a bit crisper, but i wouldn't count on any "performance" gains so to speak. it's a good mod for safety if nothing else. any item you need can be had at the local hardware store...it's a pretty simple mod.

i say do it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shifts become a bit crisper, but i wouldn't count on any "performance" gains so to speak. it's a good mod for safety if nothing else. any item you need can be had at the local hardware store...it's a pretty simple mod.

i say do it
[/b]
yeah, if I do it...but will I need to still buy the additional materials if I take it to a transmission shop to be installed?...I don't have all the necessary equipment...and how necessary is it...lets say, that not regularly, but often, I spank the car...I mean, really spank it...should I put it at the top of mods to do?...car has 21.7k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
A 5year old could prolly do this mod. The B&M kit I got had all parts, you will just need extra hose.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yeah, if I do it...but will I need to still buy the additional materials if I take it to a transmission shop to be installed?...I don't have all the necessary equipment...and how necessary is it...lets say, that not regularly, but often, I spank the car...I mean, really spank it...should I put it at the top of mods to do?...car has 21.7k miles on it.
[/b]
Don't worry about add'l materials. The B&M coolers come with everything that you need. You will need a quart of tranny fluid and some extra 11/32 hose, but that is cheap i.e. no more than a few bucks. This is a cheap mod that will extend the driving experience (crisper shifts) and the life of your car. Took me about an hour and 2 beers! :cheers:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry about add'l materials. The B&M coolers come with everything that you need. You will need a quart of tranny fluid and some extra 11/32 hose, but that is cheap i.e. no more than a few bucks. This is a cheap mod that will extend the driving experience (crisper shifts) and the life of your car. Took me about an hour and 2 beers! :cheers:
[/b]
wow, an hour and all of two beer, how did you ever get through it...hehe...thanks, but I heard that you also need an inline tranny fluid filter and a whole bunch of other %#$%...but the B&M kit comes with everything, the mounting rods, the hoses (though you say you'll need extra), and all that?...hmmm...still...I've been found to be more retarded than a five year old, so will the shop have the hoses...my money, I'll do with it what I'll wish, thanks for all your help guys! you've all been a shit load of help with my stuff.

A 5year old could prolly do this mod. The B&M kit I got had all parts, you will just need extra hose.
[/b]
Official Clutch killer of the Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged...
:huh: am I to understand that this means you spanked a Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged?...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Official Clutch killer of the Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged...
:huh: am I to understand that this means you spanked a Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged?...
[/b]
ROFL.....

I was at Chevy's Rev it up Event in August. I mearly burnt 3 perfectly good clutches one to the poin the car had to be removed from the track to "cool" down

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ROFL.....

I was at Chevy's Rev it up Event in August. I mearly burnt 3 perfectly good clutches one to the poin the car had to be removed from the track to "cool" down
[/b]
admire your honesty....I would've been like "yeah...I spanked the Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged...three of them...in reverse...didn't want to spank them too bad..."...

[/b]
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...8&Itemid=57 the install on this link says I'll need to get some aluminum rods...do those come in the kit, or can I mount the cooler on something already on the car?....are you sure all I need is the extra hose....what about the coupler or inline filter the guy in the link uses?...this seems a little more than just an "oil chane" difficult install, as one of you said.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Its really simple, as posted the kit contains everything you need. The filter is $15 from magnafine. It takes like 2minutes to install, Cut hose near return nipple attach filter, secure clamps done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts