Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every new car I see almost boost the Semi-Auto Trasmission, including my 6s with its tap-shift Manual mode, but I was wondering if theres a power/control difference between the Semi-Auto Tap-Shift and the Standerd Manual Transmission, is there?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Every new car I see almost boost the Semi-Auto Trasmission, including my 6s with its tap-shift Manual mode, but I was wondering if theres a power/control difference between the Semi-Auto Tap-Shift and the Standerd Manual Transmission, is there?
[/b]
Yes, there is. Manual gives you quicker response (there is a slight delay when changing gears using the manual mode with an ATX) and more control. Usually you lose WHP when using an auto tranny and even in manual mode, it's still an ATX.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You can't compare a manual with an auto-manual, I have both, and the stick is by FAR more enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
the power difference is A LOT. ask a friend to teach you how to drive a manual (it only takes 15 mins to learn the concept and another 30 min to get the feel, and antoer 30 min shold be dedicated to stopping and starting on steep hills if you live in a very hily place).. or better not because youll regret getting a ATX after youv'e learned. If you want to know why, research what a torque converter is on howstuffworks.com as apposed to a clutch/flywheel.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test drove a Stick when I was looking for my 6, I stalled a bunch of times, then when I finally got it going it stalled in third gear- we skidded to a stop and the salesman switched seats with me and he said I should look at Auto matics instead

·
Registered
542 Posts
Maybe you should have made the sales person show you who to drive manual as part of the deal!!! I'm pretty sure he woulda have done it for a sale! :D

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I test drove a Stick when I was looking for my 6, I stalled a bunch of times, then when I finally got it going it stalled in third gear- we skidded to a stop and the salesman switched seats with me and he said I should look at Auto matics instead
[/b]
How on earth did you stall in 3rd gear???

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no clue

Maybe you should have made the sales person show you who to drive manual as part of the deal!!! I'm pretty sure he woulda have done it for a sale! :D
[/b]

he said if we bought the car the dealer would give me lessons, but I didnt belive that after he had tried to rip me off, We were already filling out paper work when I look under the hood and seen it was a V4 when he said it was a V6, so I said I didnt want the car and I whent to a different dealer after they tried to rip us off again

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have no clue
he said if we bought the car the dealer would give me lessons, but I didnt belive that after he had tried to rip me off, We were already filling out paper work when I look under the hood and seen it was a V4 when he said it was a V6, so I said I didnt want the car and I whent to a different dealer after they tried to rip us off again
[/b]
How old are you?
And its an I4, not V4. Also its a good idea to LEARN BEFORE you go into a dealership and test drive a manual car. Dealerships are NOT the place to learn how to drive a stick. Especially with a brand new car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How old are you?
And its an I4, not V4. Also its a good idea to LEARN BEFORE you go into a dealership and test drive a manual car. Dealerships are NOT the place to learn how to drive a stick. Especially with a brand new car.
[/b]
:hoho: ...let me go get some bactine for these third degree burns...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts