Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. Does anyone know if there is any plan for a trans-go kit for our car? A few people around here are pretty familiar with them and I have heard nothing but rave reviews about them. It would be nice to clean up the AT a lil bit.

Also on a side note, what does a trans-go kit do that say the predator wouldnt be able to? Or are these involving 2 different things and I am just WAY off.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Reading Topic: Trans-go shift kit

The trans go kit does mechanically (hydraulically?) what the diablo does electrically (increase line pressure and decrease time between gears changes), actually they can work together, but if you plan on a kit, when/if chips come out you'll want to let them know you are planning or already have a kit in the tranny or you might not like the results, and neither will the rest of your driveline ;) the shifts culd get brutal, you cant change shift points with the transgo kit either, thats computer controlled.
I'd love to explain further but the inner workings of auto's have always baffled me

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

trans-go is a very reputable company
they make shift kits for many vehicles...firms up shifts by replacing certain components inside the tranny

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ok well... talked to Trans-go... bad news, they dont make kits for any 5 spd auto transmissions. So that kinda sucks, after all the good i heard i was anxious to give a try... oh well.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Trans-go shift kit'

Originally posted by g-cubed

ok well... talked to Trans-go... bad news, they dont make kits for any 5 spd auto transmissions. So that kinda sucks, after all the good i heard i was anxious to give a try... oh well.[/b]
what about 4-speed AT?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

they didnt have any information on the Mazda Transmission, so he couldnt tell me for sure, but when he found out i had a 5spd he immediately said no, because they dont support/make kits for 5spd AT. I would follow up with them if you are interested...

[email protected] <--- how i contacted them
800-776-1191 <--- Also works

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

They make kits for the 5r55e(?) I think thats the #, its a 5 speed, but it goes into Ford trucks, not fwd cars. I"m not interested, but the guy you talked to gave you a bs excuse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing