Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was lookin into maybe swapping out my tranny. its a 04 v6 auto, and i'm looking at putting in a manual trans instead, because i hate auto. which transmissions fit on the car, and how much roughly are we lookin at? thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i don't think there is an option that is worth while at this point. seems that the "best option" (after you test fit the turbo i'd guess) is to take the hit on a trade in. even if you loose 3k in the deal it's more than likely cheaper and better than anything you could do and keep it running normal.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
3 steps to a solution

1. slap yourself

2. sell current 6

3. buy another 6

you wont lose near as much $$

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
only reason i'm going with a swap is 1)not a chance it hell i could sell this car if i wanted. 2) tranny on the 2.3 sucks A$$ so there's no point 3) have a guy that is doing the swap and custom work for dirt cheap.

but as i said before, if you are thinking swap....and daily driver especially, stop thinking about it.

but for humors sake, did anyone ever find a swap? i think the 2.5 duratec bolted up to a version of the 2.5 right? you'd still need axles and whatnot as well, not to mention you computer not liking you much after that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The 6-speed from the Mondeo (Getrag-Ford MMT6)...would fit with work. Falcon I believe imported one and then sold it through Ebay (does require some modifications and other items). I was watching it and thinking about it, but I ended up getting a 2004 Manual Tranny for $100. Just I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but after SEMA, hopefully I'll have a reason to.

Edit - here's the link:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...6&hl=mondeo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts