Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm biting the bullet and buying the cable assembly. The first time the linkage snapped from the cabin side where the gear level clamps to it. I had it welded and it held pretty well. Took a nice trashing during the Mazda Climb. But it looks like it finally gave.

I'm going to see if the the metal can be sleeved to make it a little stronger.

For those of you who had this issue, are you using an aftermarket short shifter kit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2005 Mazda 6S 3.0L manual with 148,000 miles.

My shift cable is worn but has not yet broken (sometimes 5th gear will shift back into neutral when given some gas). I'm leaning towards having it replaced rather than rig something up.

While they have the dash removed I was thinking of having them replace the heater core as it's about a $70 part. Has anyone had trouble with their heater core and are there any other parts I should have replaced while the dash is removed that might be troublesome.

Chris

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2005 Mazda 6S 3.0L manual with 148,000 miles.

My shift cable is worn but has not yet broken (sometimes 5th gear will shift back into neutral when given some gas). I'm leaning towards having it replaced rather than rig something up.

While they have the dash removed I was thinking of having them replace the heater core as it's about a $70 part. Has anyone had trouble with their heater core and are there any other parts I should have replaced while the dash is removed that might be troublesome.

Chris
Why does everyone keep dropping their dash??...

No heater core issues that I know of, but I hope coolant maintenance is not overlooked.

sent from another galaxy

·
Registered
491 Posts
Rewelded with a little extra material for reinforcement. Noticed that there was some flexing in 2nd 4th and R; bent the metal a little to alleviate any unnecessary tension. We'll see how it goes. Worst case scenario I'll put the new assembly in and call it a day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2003 Mazda 6s an my clutch pedal assembly is bad so I gotta jam gears, so I went to jam it in first then felt something break then realized I couldn’t put it in 1st 3rd or 5th now. I took it to a shop an they said the linkage is working how it should. Any thoughts?

61 - 65 of 65 Posts