Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i did the tranny drain and fill , i got 4 quarts of mobil one MV atf , but when i measured how much i took out it was less than 3 qts.. actually 2 quarts and 700ml... and no i wasn't low cuz i check the dipstick weekly and it was ok. I also let it drip for a good 30 minutes, and even blew into the atf dipstick cylinder to get more fluid out, so don't see why only less than 3 quarts came out??? Any ideas ?? Thanks

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Today i did the tranny drain and fill , i got 4 quarts of mobil one MV atf , but when i measured how much i took out it was less than 3 qts.. actually 2 quarts and 700ml... and no i wasn't low cuz i check the dipstick weekly and it was ok. I also let it drip for a good 30 minutes, and even blew into the atf dipstick cylinder to get more fluid out, so don't see why only less than 3 quarts came out??? Any ideas ?? Thanks
[/b]
ATX or MTX?

If you're ATX, it's normal. Recall that not all the fluid comes out if you're draining. Typically, a third of the fluid comes out per drain. Just replace what you drained and you should be fine. Repeat a few times (I did mine every OCI) and virtually all of your fluid would be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts