Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order the B&M tranny cooler, the 70266 model, but i could not find a 19,000/24,000 gvw cooler that comes with a kit on summitracing.com, i only see the smaller one. Is there no kit from that site or should i just buy one at pep boys or something?

·
Registered
531 Posts
When I ordered my B&M from Summitracing it came with a full mounting kit in the box. All you need from that kit is the 2 brackets (and bolts/nuts) that mount to the latch in the front. I wouldn't use the hoses that come with it unless they changed them for stronger ones. I would get them from Advanced Auto or Autozone since they're thicker and more sturdy.

I just checked summitracing's site and they had all the coolers listed on bmracing.com.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There all there, but the cooler i was going to order, stock # 70266, say this does not come in a kit. i only see one that has the kit. and its the smaller version. THe brackets are really the only thing i need but the autozone near me didnt have a install kit or the bracketts, i havnt check Napa or pepboys as of yet though

·
Registered
531 Posts
There all there, but the cooler i was going to order, stock # 70266, say this does not come in a kit. i only see one that has the kit. and its the smaller version. THe brackets are really the only thing i need but the autozone near me didnt have a install kit or the bracketts, i havnt check Napa or pepboys as of yet though
[/b]

Ok yeah, I just looked that one up and it's one of the racing models, that's why. Any reason for going with such a big cooler? It's 20,500 btus which is overkill in most situations. I believe the 24,000 gvw is actually only 14,400 btus (part #70264).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok yeah, I just looked that one up and it's one of the racing models, that's why. Any reason for going with such a big cooler? It's 20,500 btus which is overkill in most situations. I believe the 24,000 gvw is actually only 14,400 btus (part #70264).
[/b]
Oh really? I was mi-informed then, I read somewhere that that part number was the 24,000 gvw on the board somewhere, I did notice it said racing and that it was like 8.5 x 11 which was quite big. Ill look for the cooler you listed, thanks!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I went with the B&M 70264 (listed on BMRacing.com as 14,400 BTU) from SummitRacing.com

I just typed in "70264" in the search bar, and it returns the product with the kit. Hopefully this link will work, and isn't tied to a cookie or my session.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the B&M 70264 (listed on BMRacing.com as 14,400 BTU) from SummitRacing.com

I just typed in "70264" in the search bar, and it returns the product with the kit. Hopefully this link will work, and isn't tied to a cookie or my session.
[/b]
Looks good to me, just placed the order for the 70264 model. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm not sure about the quality of the hose, like the above poster mentioned, but you will need to pick up some more hose from a local place. The hose provided gave enough length to get from the tranny to the cooler, with a little extra. I, personally, picked up another 4 feet of hose from AutoZone, and used that to go from the cooler back to the tranny. Was a fairly easy install (little too long if you ask my girl).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts