Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to trade the current MS6 18" wheels for some 17". I know a lot of you think I am crazy, I just dont like the fact that my tire options are so lmited.

The OEM tires have 10k miles, the wheels do not have a single mark... They were also treated with some crazy liquid the dealer offered ($500 for entire car, yes I am a sucker). Said it was used on AirForce 1. I have no idea what the name is... Regardless, the brake dust does seem to come off easy.

I will consider the stock oem wheels on the 6s but would rather some after market wheels (No Chrome do not even attempt to contact)...
BTW,
I have no clue what offset is, I just know that I need at least a 48mm-50mm for clearance. So take that into consideration with your offer (if you have aftermarket 17")

EDIT: did some reasearch.. realized the stock oem tires are selling on average for 300.. My tires from 600-800. A straight up trade wheel=wheel mytires=traded tires will require some cash. so if you are interested the trade will require $300 Obo.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looking to trade the current MS6 18" wheels for some 17". I know a lot of you think I am crazy, I just dont like the fact that my tire options are so lmited.

The OEM tires have 10k miles, the wheels do not have a single mark... They were also treated with some crazy liquid the dealer offered ($500 for entire car, yes I am a sucker). Said it was used on AirForce 1. I have no idea what the name is... Regardless, the brake dust does seem to come off easy.
I will consider the stock oem wheels on the 6s but would rather some after market wheels (No Chrome do not even attempt to contact)...
BTW,
I have no clue what offset is, I just know that I need at least a 48mm-50mm for clearance. So take that into consideration with your offer (if you have aftermarket 17")
[/b]

I have an 04 6s OEM rims and tires have about 75% tread I would say. Do you hae pics of your tires? If interested I can grab the name of the tires on the car now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 04 6s OEM rims and tires have about 75% tread I would say. Do you hae pics of your tires? If interested I can grab the name of the tires on the car now.
[/b]
No pics yet.. Tires are OEM Bridgestone potenza re50a.. Will get them at lunch. They are summer tires, very sticky etc.
My Webpage

What kind of tires do you have? With only 75% tread a straight up trade isnt the best deal... If you have the OE tires they are not what I am looking for... Get the name and I will look them up.

where are you located?

·
Registered
470 Posts
No pics yet.. Tires are OEM Bridgestone potenza re50a.. Will get them at lunch. They are summer tires, very sticky etc.
My Webpage

What kind of tires do you have? With only 75% tread a straight up trade isnt the best deal... If you have the OE tires they are not what I am looking for... Get the name and I will look them up.
where are you located?
[/b]
I thought the name sounded familiar. They are also Potenza G009 tires. I have the reciept for when they were purchased I believe and I can see how many miles have been put on them,

I am in Annapolis, MD.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very pick man goo luck not bad trade but the person should only put the most $200 dollars.

The speed wheels are not that hot anyway

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Very pick man goo luck not bad trade but the person should only put the most $200 dollars.

The speed wheels are not that hot anyway
[/b]
Well, I have stock 05' S wheels minor curb rash on one 48000 miles on the tires but willing to give you mine +$250 and I will drive to you

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, I have stock 05' S wheels minor curb rash on one 48000 miles on the tires but willing to give you mine +$250 and I will drive to you
[/b]

make sure you have a set of winter tires in 2 months....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah are they summer tires only?
[/b]
I think so...I heard great things about them online for track use and on dry summer roads, but I live in MD and know how shitty the weather can get around here and read from quite a few people they offer little to no grip in wet/snow.

But, I guess you cannot have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/b]

How bad is the curb rash?

To answer the other q's as well... The tires are good for the summer months and rain... You would need to replace with all seasons tires or summer . If you go summer get a set of winter tires..

depending on what route you want to take, with winter etc... I would suggest the utlra high performance all season tires as the replacement. Apparently the Perelli P zero Nero ($125 each tirerack) is a good all around tire.

With you car, you also have the luxry to drop to a 16" winter wheel and tire... 16" is better for the snow and what tirerack reccommends.. You can get it for cheap used (currently on the buy sell).

If you do the comparrison just wheel to wheel, your wheels are getting about $250 (generious with rash)... Mine get a min of 500-650... I believe someone is asking close to $800

That is why I am asking for money.. Plain and simple. The tires are worth nothing, yours with 48k miles and my OEM sticky as hell wear out fast tires.

So, if you want to make an offer, just make an offer on the wheels knowing you will have to replace the tire. I will take this into consideration with yours as well.

I can tell you.. $250 with curb rash wont really do it... Close, but not quite enough.

PM if you are interested...

·
Registered
344 Posts
How bad is the curb rash?
To answer the other q's as well... The tires are good for the summer months and rain... You would need to replace with all seasons tires or summer . If you go summer get a set of winter tires..
depending on what route you want to take, with winter etc... I would suggest the utlra high performance all season tires as the replacement. Apparently the Perelli P zero Nero ($125 each tirerack) is a good all around tire.

With you car, you also have the luxry to drop to a 16" winter wheel and tire... 16" is better for the snow and what tirerack reccommends.. You can get it for cheap used (currently on the buy sell).
If you do the comparrison just wheel to wheel, your wheels are getting about $250 (generious with rash)... Mine get a min of 500-650... I believe someone is asking close to $800
That is why I am asking for money.. Plain and simple. The tires are worth nothing, yours with 48k miles and my OEM sticky as hell wear out fast tires.
So, if you want to make an offer, just make an offer on the wheels knowing you will have to replace the tire. I will take this into consideration with yours as well.

I can tell you.. $250 with curb rash wont really do it... Close, but not quite enough.
PM if you are interested...
[/b]
did you get my PM? I have 17inch stock wheels and stock tires with less than 5k miles on the whole set. I live in Michigan. Are you interested? Send me a pm

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you get my PM? I have 17inch stock wheels and stock tires with less than 5k miles on the whole set. I live in Michigan. Are you interested? Send me a pm
[/b]
I did not get the pm...

Send again or send to personal email [email protected]

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a set of aftermarket gunmetal 17" wheels and the OEM Michelin tires. We can trade just the wheels or both if you want. Please email me for pictures and details if you are interested. My email is [email protected] Thanks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a set of aftermarket gunmetal 17" wheels and the OEM Michelin tires. We can trade just the wheels or both if you want. Please email me for pictures and details if you are interested. My email is [email protected] Thanks.
[/b]

Sent you an email from my work account... Let me know the details requested etc.

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts