Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the deal, the 6 is a 05 with the red tails, and chrome headlights. im not a fan of anything blingy or show'y. id like the basic black headlights. so im either looking at finding a local that is willing to trade (i will do all the work, they can be lazy and have a beer), or i dis-assemble the chrome ones, and paint them black. of course that has a chance of turning out crappy, so thats why im posting this.

if anyone would rather have the chrome headlights and is willing to trade, please get ahold of me.

the headlights i have are spotless with no scratch's. no broken tabs or anything, as said, id just prefer the darker ones.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The black ones aren't really basic. The chrome headlights were the standard issue on all 6's from 03-05. In 06 they made the black ones available on some of the more costly option packages. I have a 03 and i wanted the black headlights. Being lazy i figured i could probably just buy a set. They run for 700+ per housing from mazda. Thats way too expensive. I do not think that anyone is going to trade headlights with you without some compensation. Your best bet is to just take the time and paint the bezels yourself. If you have any questions about the procedure you are welcome to ask (I did the project about a month ago.) I'm really happy with the results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts