Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Mazda 6 will include or have options for Traction control, & can it be turned on/off?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Traction Control?'

Yes. In Sweden it has TCR in all models but the 1.8 version. And it can, as in the 626, be turned off. In fact I learned that the one and only component that is the same in the 6 as in the 626 is the switch for TCR...

You have to check before you buy though if TCR is included or if it is optional on the model you choose.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

In Sweden it has TCR in all models but the 1.8 version.  [/b]
In Estonia it has DSC, TCS and BA as an option with 1,8 version (+450$). EBD and ABS are standard in all models, as well as disc brakes on all round (vented in front). I think it should be the same in Sweden.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

There has been some discussion that traction control and stability control may not make it over on the US versions. Frankly that sucks ass. :(

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

As per MazdaUSA's web site, the "S" will have TCS standard, along with ABS/EBD. Both of these are also listed as Package Options on the base.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

And what about stability control?[/b]
As far as the specs, it will be optional. On the other hand, I'm quite sure that Mazda USA has not set the different packaging levels yet. For several reasons. One is them being able to analyze the data from sales all over the world...this time you guys are last. Bad for you (and good for us, it's usually the other way around...)

I'm sure there will be packaging levels available where you will have all the goodies standard...

/Steve

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

And what about stability control?[/b]
I am thinking (hoping) traction control will go along with stability control; ie. get stability and you get traction.

·
Registered
468 Posts

i have a us spec 6s. it has traction control which has a button so it can be toggled on/off. as well it does have abs. on the 6s (6 cylinder) both are standard. as for stability control. its not offered.

·
Registered
56 Posts

my 2,3l includes TCS & DSC by default (imported from Finland). I can turn off the DSC with a button, but the TCS cannot be switched off.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Originally posted by jasha

my 2,3l includes TCS & DSC by default (imported from Finland). I can turn off the DSC with a button, but the TCS cannot be switched off.[/b]
IMHO TCS & DSC could be turned on/off both together by that single button.
That's what dealer explained to me. (I also have 2.3 imported from Finland,
braljukas)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, the manual explains this also: TCS goes off together with DSC when you press that button.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Yeah - I have it on my car now and while it's not necessary, I do like it (and it can be fun once you learn how to manipulate it). Except for the accursed engine reduction. Does the '6 equipped with DSC reduce the enging power when it feels it's necessary?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

TCS uses engine reduction, I don't think the DSC does, though. Never had it happen on me anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Hi you guys... I've tested my TCS two days ago because I had the impression it was not working so good. I starts to work for my car a bit on the late side... I don't know if that is normal? I like it more than when I would start to work to early... think that the setup in my car is good for a sporty saloon:D

The only thing we had was that we once lost traction in second gear (wet +310Nm) with full accerleration and the TCS did not grip in. Is this because the speed was to high... 30 to 40km/h?

If you switch off the DCS the TCS is also switched off... you see a difference with or without DCS

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Don't make the mistake of believing that TCS means you will never loose traction. You will. TCS cannot see the difference between traction lost and plain accelerating on dry road unless the left and right wheels don't have the same traction.

So...you can actually spin quite a lot without ever seeing the TCS kick in. But when it does, it works just fine...

·
Registered
56 Posts

I was playin around with my TCS today. I tried to hit 2nd with it on and nothing, not even a slight chirp...with it off...I ripped 2nd apart and even hit 3rd:D ;)

~Kyle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts