Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experienced a problem with the traction control light coming on intermittantly? Sometimes it's on when the car starts and then turns off after a while, sometimes it comes on after the car has been running. It's been off and on for about a week now. I have an appointment with the dealer next week, but was hoping some one here has a proper answer.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the light will flash when the DSC is actively working. it also lights when along with other dash indicators when the car turns on. this is covered in the owners manual.

if it comes on when the car is standing still there is probably something wrong.

edit: here's what the manual states (page 5-18)
TCS/DSC Indicator Light
This indicator light stays on for a few seconds when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position. If the TCS or DSC is operating, the indicator light flashes. If the light stays on, the TCS or DSC may have a malfunction and they may not operate correctly. Take your vehicle to an Authorized Mazda Dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the light will flash when the DSC is actively working. it also lights when along with other dash indicators when the car turns on. this is covered in the owners manual.

if it comes on when the car is standing still there is probably something wrong.

edit: here's what the manual states (page 5-18)
TCS/DSC Indicator Light
This indicator light stays on for a few seconds when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position. If the TCS or DSC is operating, the indicator light flashes. If the light stays on, the TCS or DSC may have a malfunction and they may not operate correctly. Take your vehicle to an Authorized Mazda Dealer.
[/b]
It's not that. All of the dash lights come on momentarily when the car first starts (I have a manual also ;) ). It's only the TC light that comes on and stays on for several minutes or permanently (until the car is turned off). It will also come on (and stay on) while the car is driving.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's not that. All of the dash lights come on momentarily when the car first starts (I have a manual also ;) ). It's only the TC light that comes on and stays on for several minutes or permanently (until the car is turned off). It will also come on (and stay on) while the car is driving.
[/b]

he just answered your question - follow what it says in the manual. If it comes on when you driving and stays on for more than a couple seconds, either your wheels are spinning, or you have a problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he just answered your question - follow what it says in the manual. If it comes on when you driving and stays on for more than a couple seconds, either your wheels are spinning, or you have a problem.
[/b]
As I wrote in my original post "I have an appointment with the dealer next week". I was hoping someone had something more useful than "read the manual". I was also wondering if anyone else had experienced the same problem... I guess not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.