Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden startin' up the car this morning @ -15 Celcius (5 fahrenheit)
traction control light stayed on... i've checked my driveway, check tire pressure everything seems ok

car drives fine, nothin' felt different, i've tried scangauge, and there were no codes...

i havn't tried resetin' the ecu, but i've read it won't do any goods....

could it be a bad sensor i've been researchin' about?
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/pdf/m...004-08-1863.pdf

i've also tried this trick

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=982118

You can also try this trick for a quick fix:

1. Stop the engine
2. Put your key to the ON position
3. Turn your steering wheel all the way to the left, and then back all the way to the right.
4. Light should be off now.[/b]
but it didn't work as well, either i didn't do it properly.....

but my car is out of the 3 year warranty period...and it was also built b4 the JM1GG****7*110516 (produced before June 6, 2007) period (stated in the TSB pdf)... would i still have to pay for the repair?

please advise..

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
The few times I've seen this pop up it was a faulty steering angle sensor.

Your finishline PDF link seems to be dead...

GL man...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Insane @ Jan 31 2010, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633666
The few times I've seen this pop up it was a faulty steering angle sensor.

Your finishline PDF link seems to be dead...

GL man...[/b]
link fixed....
now i'm j/ worried if i have to pay for the repair since my warranty period is over.....eventhough this is a TSB

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
QUOTE (yellowmp5 @ Jan 31 2010, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633704
link fixed....
now i'm j/ worried if i have to pay for the repair since my warranty period is over.....eventhough this is a TSB[/b]
Yeah, I doubt the dealer will warranty the repair. I suspect the sensor is not "faulty" other than a poor connection. I would pull the connector, inpect it closely and clean it really well and reconnect. My experience over the years has shown that MANY problems are connector-related yet MOST mechanics and ALL dealers will simply replace the sensor(s) as there is more money in it for them. They all MAKE money on the PARTS and labor, where they will lose money if they simply clean it up and send you on your way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this maybe naive...
but is TCS fall under drivetrain catagory?

my comprehensive is over...but my drivetrain warranty period isnt....

****j/ called the dealership, they said cuz i'm out of my 3 year comprehensive warranty (2 months over), i'll have to pay $103 for the diagnostic....
if it is a malfunction TCS sensor, i guess it won't be part of drivetrain right?

please advise

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI,

Sorry to exhume this pos from the dead but I've been having the same problem with my speed6 (Recently bought on the dominican republic) and the trick of turning the car off and turning the steering wheel to the left and right work, but Is kind of annoying doing this every single time the TCS light came on.

Do any of you know where this sensor Is located In the car or where can I find this sensor to replace It?

Several post just talk about wiring but none about where Is locate to change It or to clean it up.

If any one have something that can helpe me with this It will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have no idea, but wanted to thank you for using the word "exhume." More biggerer words FTW!

Reactions: ESA
1 - 8 of 8 Posts