Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 2010 2nd gen 6 automatic w 135k miles. First off I've had intermittent problems with the Neutral Safety switch not sensing park for the last few days, yesterday it wouldn't start so I jiggled the shifter to get it to start. 1/4 of a mile down the road I turned the AC on and almost immediately the Stability/Traction control light came on as well as the DSC off, Park, Reverse, and Neutral lights all on. Thinking this may be related somehow to the N safety switch, I kept driving however, I noticed that the AT wouldn't shift into 4th gear. As I brought the car up to 45mph the RPM's just kept increasing, never shifting.

Could this be related to the N safety switch? Was it just a coincidence that all of these lights came on almost immediately after turning on the AC? Any thoughts where to start is appreciated... I don't trust my dealer... They once quoted me over $400 for a wiring harness due to a plastic connector that cracked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replaced the Neutral safety switch 3 days ago and it seems to be resolved. Will post back if issue returns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts