Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm excited! Tomorrow will be my first time out with my MS6. I hope to get close to ATL's runs. I know he is the reigning champ here. All I have on my car is a Fujita intake. We'll see what happens. I'll post timeslips tomorrow night. Tis is my 1st attempt down the ol'1320 with a turbo car. I used to go every week with my Trans Am. (about 4 years ago). It's gonna be interesting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm excited! Tomorrow will be my first time out with my MS6. I hope to get close to ATL's runs. I know he is the reigning champ here. All I have on my car is a Fujita intake. We'll see what happens. I'll post timeslips tomorrow night. Tis is my 1st attempt down the ol'1320 with a turbo car. I used to go every week with my Trans Am. (about 4 years ago). It's gonna be interesting.
[/b]

Sent you a PM. I live in Weston,

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
All you have is an intake?? LOL :laugh: Good luck

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of people at the track so I only got 4 runs. But the best was [email protected] with a 1.83 60' > It will go faster cause I was shifting at 6000 and I know if I hold the gears longer I might get another couple of tenths. I'm happy! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
very nice times for downhere in FL, I'm in weston every night maybe I will see one of you guys around town. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
A lot of people at the track so I only got 4 runs. But the best was [email protected] with a 1.83 60' > It will go faster cause I was shifting at 6000 and I know if I hold the gears longer I might get another couple of tenths. I'm happy! :D
[/b]

Actually you may not want to hold gears past 6000 after the first shift. Short of dynoing your own car and studying its power curve, you should do a little math to work out when is the best Time to shift, and with the speed6, shifting sooner rather than later is probably best.

Ok, I was stupid enough to stay up a little later and run some numbers based on a stock dyno curve for a speed6. The close to ideal shift points are at 5800, 5700, 5600, 5500, and 5500. Shifting at those points appears to keep you in the fattest part of the torque curve.

Your mileage will vary depending on your particular car's mods and power curve.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I did the math and I found 6,000, 5800, 5,700 on ward.... I think in 1st and 2nd shiftd the extra 2-300 revs are benifical if only for decreasing lag in 2nd and 3rd gears. But who knows with the intake he may be better of holding in to the 6,000s

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great times for 1st time out. Very respectful!!! :drive:
[/b]
Thanks. I'm no stranger to drag racing. This is my first import that I have raced. Back in '99 I was one of the 1st guys to make a Z28 go 12.88 stock! Being comfortable at the track and not being afraid to drive the car very hard can make for some impressive times. Until now, I've never seen a car with only 96MPH go in the 13's. Usually that kind of power is only good for a mid14 second run. Gotta love that AWD!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
congrats. another 13 sec runner. its easy to get them there as long as you practice, i hit mine my first time ever to a drag strip, on my 5th try.

we're silencing all the doubters. way to go!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
congrats. another 13 sec runner. its easy to get them there as long as you practice, i hit mine my first time ever to a drag strip, on my 5th try.

we're silencing all the doubters. way to go!
[/b]
What RPM are you shifting at? I was shifting right around 6000

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
[/b]
Good times for the 1st time out in the Speed. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
[/b]

Good deal!! I love the fact that I'm driving around in a nice 4dr sedan with lots of potential!!!
I will go to Tower Shops after work today to see if the South Fl Mazda 6 club is there.......

Congrats Sean!

·
Registered
803 Posts
theres a 6 meet at towers tonight! shit i think ill be there!!!

btw i was shifting at about 6200 into 2nd, then at 6 into 3rd, and let 4th ride out to about 6250-6300 on the 13 sec run.

ill bring my timeslip if you bring yours ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
if your gonna go to towers ill go too ill bring my dyno :) i dunno if i can find my slip cya there what time you heading there? My car is at mazda again im fighting with them about my dumb tires but I should have it back before tonight

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure what time I'll be finished with dinner but maybe we could all meet at a central point and head to towers together.

·
Registered
189 Posts
whatever is cool, I live in Plantation pretty close to towers, let me know what you guys are doing and im down.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts