Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do people race ATX? or take them to the track?, or is it MTX only?

·
Registered
318 Posts
What kind of racing are we talking about? Drag racing, club / road racing, autocross? Sure people race 'em. The only time an auto will be an advantage though is in drag racing when you have TONS of power and TONS of grip and the drivetrain loss is less significant than the amount of time you would lose from having to shift an MTX. Otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For all types of racing, Drag racing is where you just go 1/4 a mile rite?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You can do anything you want with ATX, but for any type of racing it would be a very good idea to get a tranny cooler.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool!- where can I find atranny cooler?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont mean online, I mean where can I go buy one, you know, at a store

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
any autostore will have em usually, or you can even find them at most UHaul centers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No, and I highly doubt you'd get any measurable gains. The cooler is more for shifting consistency and keeping tranny temps down.
[/b]
in terms of horsepower or torque to the engine...more likely than not, no...but more consistent shift and lower temps make for a faster working transmission, so shifting more smoothly, with out those shift shock bumps makes for a slightly faster acceleration....you might feel the car a bit quicker...but just a bit (put that in case I'm about to have my ass torn up by the gurus of the sight "what are you, retarded?")....

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i'd venture to say i'm one of the few who has tracked the tranny into the grave.....FTW!

cooler no make power

1 - 15 of 15 Posts