Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So of course I was the only 3rd gen 6 there and quite possibly the only one to track at this track (there is no time data on one). But I did see one 3rd gen 3 although not sure if she tracked or not. Anyways I started at 1:57 for my first session and then on my final session got 1:46! For comparison, my friend’s with their heavily modded civics got 1:40-1:43 so I feel as though I did really well on my stock suspension and stock tires LOL

It was the best learning experience for driving and my car I’ve ever had I urge everyone to at least try it once!

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a short video of my time at Streets of Willow, unfortunately there wasn't any track footage because I had no go pro and they didn't allow phones in the car recording.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done; glad u had fun!

Thanks!! Definitely recommend everyone to track their car at least once it is the best way to improve your driving skills and to learn your car better!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
352 Posts
I autocrossed a Miata for a little while and considered tracking it. Seeing as it was my only form of transportation at the time I ultimately decided not to. I did take it out on charity laps occasionally at VIR a few times though.

I have tracked several different sportbikes over the years at several local tracks and that is a whole different level of fun. Also a lot cheaper to run on track and (can be) mildly less heartbreaking to wreck. I may still consider doing a handful of club races just to check it off my bucket list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts