Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Nice crapping Owl. Too bad it missed the cars.

Now onto the actual cars. What is the point of these? Scion was too succesful and Toyota feels the need to compete against themselves?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
well, toyota already had weird looking cars before scion...such as the matrix.
[/b]
A friend of mine owns a Matrix and to be honest, I sort of like it.

That whole owl thing. Now that is weird.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
It's a redesigned Echo. Toyota used the Yaris name in other markets for what we called the Echo, and has brought it into a global name.

It fits the role of the Echo and the Tercel before that. Entry level Toyota, though they are trying to give it a little "hipper" flavor this time around.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's a redesigned Echo. Toyota used the Yaris name in other markets for what we called the Echo, and has brought it into a global name.

It fits the role of the Echo and the Tercel before that. Entry level Toyota, though they are trying to give it a little "hipper" flavor this time around.
[/b]
I rented an Echo a few yrs ago while on Vacation in Cuba. It was called a Yaris then. I beat the crap out of that car, it was a rental in a foreign country and they didnt have my credit card and wouldnt be able to chrge my card anyways, so long story short I put that car through alot in one tank of gas and a full day of driving - like about 550 km on rough Cuban roads and I had to dodge some pretty crazy traffic in Havana, along with horse drawn carriages, a dumb truck that wanted to play chicken, and a military patrol that decided they had the right of way to go threw a red light. It held up quite well considering. Good little car.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
actually saw the Yaris this past saturday, sister in law and I passed by a Toyota dealership to see about the Prias, and looking around the lot we came across the Yaris...

As far as looks, its not bad, overall pretty nice looking car... and the price seems to be right to... i think the sticker was $ 12,000....

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Why even bother....

they already have the scion Xa which is exactly the same thing. Hell Scion as a whole was designed to be youthful, fun etc.

Bring back the Supra and celica!

·
Registered
979 Posts
God those cars are awful!!!! Worse than the echo... Iam thinking that Toyota has some awful designers out there. As they say on Maxim radio... That is Swoot and yag.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Get ready to see these in every city across the nation. We are entering into the same scenario that this nation saw back in the late 70's to early 80's. with the hike in fuel costs people will be all over these compacts.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Wow, wtf's the point in that owl? And crapping out the bones? There has to be some kind of significance behind that, no? If there is... I sure missed it. Maybe the teeny boppers that go onto their site will think it's cute and use it as a sales pitch to their parents. THAT's what they were trying to do! Damn I'm good. :sarc:

I like the liftback decked out with the TRD accessories.

[/b]

Eww. No.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Everytime someone brings up prius or yaris it reminds of that south park episode where Kyle's father gets one.
I read though within the next 6 years Toyota is going to be the leading car company in the world, or atleast trying to. They've said if they released a supra which they've been prototyping for a few years now it will be a direct competiter to Ferrari and Lambo.

BTW a couple of days ago at like 3am on the highway a Prius tried to race me... everyone in my car had a good laugh, figured I would share.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts