Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's thought on this new Jeep fighter. Looks pretty solid very intresting design very not toyota. It seems they gave it some testosterone as well (6sp MT or 5sp AT) 4.0L V6 with 239hp and 278Ft/lb's of TQ.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I like the look. My wife wants one when she trades in her MPV.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im wondering why they choose a 2 door design though. It seems better off as a 4 door.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
it has a styling element that our 6s have......... bulging rear lights........:D
[/b]
LOL. I saw that yesterday and laughed to myself.

·
Registered
337 Posts
What is everyone's thought on this new Jeep fighter. Looks pretty solid very intresting design very not toyota. It seems they gave it some testosterone as well (6sp MT or 5sp AT) 4.0L V6 with 239hp and 278Ft/lb's of TQ.
[/b]
It's not really not Toyota, it actually sort of retro Toyota since alot of its design elements are based off the early FJ 45's

The similarities are in the white roof, front grille, fender flares, A pillar, and side rear view mirrors.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think these are extremely ugly. My mom just got one and I hate them a little less but I am definately not a fan. It meets the practicality reasons she wanted so it makes sense for her and it drives pretty decently but I think the looks of it are aweful. I don't see why so many people seem to like them at all.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doh,

I forgot toyota maybe these offroad babies back in the day. Edmunds said its not a great hwy car but it handles itself ver very welll offroad.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I saw the new FJ for the first time yesterday while driving to work... I had to take a second glance at it while I didn't even know toyota had a new vehicle on the market. The design does seem to represent the older models that were developed years ago... I'm just not a big fan of it, at least not right now. maybe i'll like the look later on, maybe not :goon:

·
Registered
979 Posts
That car is just plain lame looking.. I think Toyota is trying to do what Honda did with the ELEMENT. Keep in mind the element bombed. The one thing I like bout it that I don't have to see them round here much

·
Registered
275 Posts
Seems to me I am hearing only of women driving them. I think Toyota may have missed their target demo.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ya'll want ugly? Check this out:

Yea. That thing was actually a production car. I saw one on the street the other day and got scared, so I sped off.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
woah that thing will give the Aztek a run for its money of ugliest vehicle

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i hate the look of the fj i think its ugly and it sucks at life.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ya'll want ugly? Check this out:

Yea. That thing was actually a production car. I saw one on the street the other day and got scared, so I sped off.
[/b]
Haha the Vehicross! They even made a supercharged one... Sad, just sad!

The FJ Cruiser was based off of the FJ40s, which are awesome rigs, esp for off roading!

Personally, I would rather have the Cruiser then the Vehicross or the Aztec...
My parents bought an Aztec GT, the stereo system and interior is cool but besides that, it's nasty!

The 2 rigs on the left are both FJ40s... and the black one is just a yota pick up...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts