Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumors are swirling that plans for the next generation of the Toyota 86 (formerly the Scion FR-S in the US market) and the Subaru BRZ are being scrubbed. This is supposedly due to Subaru ending their joint venture agreement with Toyota. However, it may also be due to the fact that the upcoming Toyota Supra will have a 4cyl variant that will slot in where the 86 sells now.

Read more about it here

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yea I wouldn't be surprised if the 86/BRZ got the axe. The Supra would be the latest (Not greatest) thing in the sports car segment for Toyota. So if I saw a Toyota 86 sitting on the same lot as the Fugly Supra but is $10K cheaper for a few less ponies then yea I'd take a Subie boxer-4 over a BMW I6.

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's a shame, I'd rather have a BRZ than a lower end Supra. BRZ looks a lot nicer too. I still want to own one someday.
I agree. Although I'm not interested in one, I hate seeing affordable sports cars go away.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Test drove a BRZ once. Not a bad little affordable sports car. Bit snug fitting inside though, much like my old Miata. If I was single and in my 20's, making my first real paycheck, yeah sure it'd be on my shopping list. Too bad they may be getting rid of it though. Wouldn't be surprised if they re-release it some years later with a hybrid or all-electric version of it eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts