Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOYO Tires announces its summer promotion to coincide with the release of Universal Studio's The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Here's a press release regarding TOYO's announcement as the "official tire" of the movie:

Toyo Tires® announces the company has signed to be the “Official Tire” of “The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift.” From the producer of the worldwide blockbuster hits The Fast and The Furious and its sequel, 2 Fast 2 Furious, comes the latest installment of the adrenaline-inducing series built on speed — The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift. Set in the sexy and colorful underground world of Japanese drift racing, the newest and fastest customized rides go head-to-head on some of the most perilous courses in the world.

The success of The Fast and The Furious (FF1) popularized the modern car culture, creating an entirely new awareness of the automotive aftermarket and performance cars. Toyo Tires® played a prominent role in FF1, and once again in the sequel (FF2). Many of the movie’s sport compact tuner cars were equipped with Toyo’s Proxes ultra-high performance tires, as will the feature cars in the upcoming movie.

As the “Official Tire of The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift”, Toyo Tires® partners with Universal Pictures in promotional activities centering on both the movie and the following DVD. According to Dana Zamalloa, Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation, “Toyo Tires is proud to be associated with trilogy of The Fast and The Furious movies. Our company strongly supports the car culture, and this new movie promises to be very exciting with the inclusion of the popular sport of drifting.”

Watch for the upcoming release of The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift on June 16th, and for Toyo Tires® promotions pertaining to this new film. For more information, log on to toyo.com. Toyo manufactures and distributes a complete line of high performance and original equipment replacement tires for passenger car, light truck, commercial truck, bus, off-road and construction applications.

The Fast and The Furious : Tokyo Drift is directed by Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow, Annapolis) and written by Chris Morgan (Cellular). The film is produced by Neal H. Moritz (xXx, S.W.A.T.) and executive produced by Clayton Townsend (The Skeleton Key, The 40 Year-Old Virgin).

Now for the good part: Toyo announces the Gettin' Sideways Sweepstakes, which runs May 1 to July 31, 2006. The Grand Prize is a tricked-out Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX inspired by the movie!

First prize is a custom, one-of-a-kind Gibson Les Paul Guitar with TOYO and Fast and the Furious graphics. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. There are 3 ways to enter: Mail-in entry (forms available at your local Toyo dealer or on toyo.com), enter online at www.toyosweeps.com or text message "Toyo" to 37438 (normal text messaging charges apply).

In addition, during the promotion period, when you purchase a set of 4 Proxes T1R, Proxes4, Proxes TPT, Proxes FZ4, or Proxes S/T, you'll receive a FREE Meguiar's NXT Car and Tire Care Kit. See your local Toyo dealer or visit us online at www.toyo.com for complete details.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The weblink sends you to the old "Catch Our Drift" sweepstakes.
[/b]
Yeah, I know. The site should go "live" later today.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave, the new site is up featuring the new promotion.

www.toyosweeps.com

Btw, did you get your T1-Ss?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Entered.. thanks

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Entered. Toyo, any chance of you pulling some strings

·
Registered
484 Posts
Entered in! ALright, now i can sell my 6s. :p
[/b]
No, you got it backward. Sell the EVO to buy more parts for the 6! :hoho:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Am I not eligible because I sell Toyos?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
[/quote]
In addition, during the promotion period, when you purchase a set of 4 Proxes T1R, Proxes4, Proxes TPT, Proxes FZ4, or Proxes S/T, you'll receive a FREE Meguiar's NXT Car and Tire Care Kit. See your local Toyo dealer or visit us online at www.toyo.com for complete details.

[/quote]

i just got a set of 4 Toyo T1-R's and didn't hear anything about this promotion.

Hey Toyoguy....anything you can do for me....i have proof that i bought them!

I found the form to fill out on the site....so i think i figured out what i gotta do!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Am I not eligible because I sell Toyos?
[/b]
Sabrina, if you are one of our dealers listed in our directory, then you're ineligible to win. If not, sign up!

Babyblue, if you purchased your tires after May 1, then click on this link and print the redemption form. Send in the completed redemption form with your original invoice and you'll get your Meguiars kit!

http://www.toyosweeps.com/media/Meguiars_redemption_form.pdf

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Babyblue, if you purchased your tires after May 1, then click on this link and print the redemption form. Send in the completed redemption form with your original invoice and you'll get your Meguiars kit!
[/b]
Sweet, should be getting Toyos before the promotion ends. WHat's the $$ value of the kit?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WHat's the $$ value of the kit?
[/b]
NXT Generation Tire Cleaner - $5.49
NXT Generation Car Wash - $7.59
NXT Generation Tech Wax - $17.39
NXT Generation All Metal Polysh - $6.49
NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Coating - $7.59
NXT Generation Speed Detailer - $8.69

TOTAL VALUE OF MEGUIAR'S KIT - $53.24

Pricing obtained from Meguiars.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
17 Participants
Tire Guy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing