Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently put new wheels and tires on but have noticed that there is some in cabin vibration with the Toyo Proxes 4, is this normal??

I know the stock Michelins were like this until they warmed up but the Toyos are always like that.....More so highway driving than city.....

I have read that vibration could mean the tires are not balanced but the shop that did them mounted and balanced them....

any ideas?

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's not unheard of to have the shop stick the weights on in the wrong spot. I would take it back to them and have them check, it should be free.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,537 Posts
It's not unheard of to have the shop stick the weights on in the wrong spot. I would take it back to them and have them check, it should be free.
[/b]
Agreed. Take it back and have them check the balance again.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Does it go away after a few miles? It's not uncommon for tires with nylon overlays (like the Proxes4) to vibrate the first few miles during cold weather (I see you're in Maine) until they warm up. Nylon is very temperature sensitive, and sometimes maintains its "flat spot" shape from the contact patch after sitting overnight. In case you're wondering, nylon is used to allow the steel belts to maintain their shape at high speeds and high temperatures.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Find a shop with a Hunter GSP Road Force balancer. If they mounted them correctly, that is matching the yellow circle on the tire opposite the valve stem, they should take very little weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts