Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After battling my 6's oil consumption for several months now, I finally made the bittersweet decision and traded it in on a 2013 Scion tC Release Series 8.0 with 13,000 miles. Of course, the 6 didn't drink a drop on the 500-mile trip down to get my RS8.0. Cars. :rolleyes:

My RS 8.0:

Number 1688 of 2000

Stuff that comes on it stock:

6-speed MTX
Absolutely Red paint
Black Suede seats with red stitching
Black Leather Steering Wheel ("Square") with red stitching
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Performance Exhaust
TRD Body Kit (Front lip, side skirts, rear bumper)
2-tone Spoiler
Gloss Black 18" Wheels

Mods:

Carbon Fiber Eyelids
Plastidipped Side Skirts/Rear bumper
Interior LEDs (front map lights)
OEM Fog Lights from a non-RS8.0
2 Custom switchblade keys with the car's number engraved on them (1 carbon fiber, 1 black leather/red stitching)
Mazda Paraphernalia throughout (Mazda OEM/Weathertech floor mats, Mazda Cargo Mat)

Things to do:

Spec-D Black Tail lights
Replace rear interior lights with LEDs
Modify Mazda6 Cargo Cover to fit in the tC's hatch

Pictures:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice

Is it the stock exhaust look ?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
That car suits you! Nice find.

·
Administrator
8,458 Posts
Looks good, Ash. I do hope you have better luck with the tC than you did the 6...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
wow thats nice. congrats

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone! :D

Looks good, Ash. I do hope you have better luck with the tC than you did the 6...
I got swindled into purchasing a service package and an extended warranty. So any issues are covered until 2020 (bumper to bumper) and I don't have to pay for maintenance until 2018. Hopefully I won't need the warranty, but it's nice to have regardless.

Oh, and to add on top of the mechanical problems the 6 had, my salesman (who used to do body work) told me that my 6 had been in a front-end accident that didn't show up on the CarFAX. The whole front end is shifted sideways. I knew a couple panels didn't line up perfectly, but I never saw it as anything more than a minor flaw. I was really shocked.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
@YayITzToxic
That car looks great!(surprised you went with red :lol:) Very nice choice. I like the black rims on it too, definitely going to look slick with some black tails to match. Throw up a picture of the engine bay when you can!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Appreciate that you are still reppin' the 6club :) And that Scion is SICK. Has super clean lines already, without any mods!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I didn't say wrong section or subforum. I said wrong forum :p

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks nice. Hope it works out for you! I know you're planning to remove the plasti-dip though, so I'll let it slide for now :)
I'm thinking about it.. I might leave it on. The rear bumper is peeling though, so it may have to come off.

Detailing ignored my request, so I have to get some out from under my spoiler (and remove bits of tint from the windows) this summer. Oh well... Quality time with the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts