Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2004 Mazda 6 wagon. The manual has a page devoted to towing - it says "Do not tow anything with this vehicle". Curt Manufacturing makes a class one hitch specifically for the 6 wagon.

Anyone have any insight? One place I called said they had never had any problem with Mazda 6 towing. We have a very light (500 pound?) Sunfish type trailer we would like to tow. Frankly, I might have gotten the Subaru if I had realized...

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bought a 2004 Mazda 6 wagon. The manual has a page devoted to towing - it says "Do not tow anything with this vehicle". Curt Manufacturing makes a class one hitch specifically for the 6 wagon.

Anyone have any insight? One place I called said they had never had any problem with Mazda 6 towing. We have a very light (500 pound?) Sunfish type trailer we would like to tow. Frankly, I might have gotten the Subaru if I had realized...
[/b]
Search for "towing" and you'll find a few threads

In a nutshell, the m6 can tow in other countries but not in North America. The common explanation is that Mazda has adopted a "cover your *ss" policy to prevent claims/lawsuits from misuse in North America.

·
Registered
199 Posts

[/b]
I have that hitch and have used it to tow a Harbor Freight utility trailer with my son's go kart on it - so, maybe 300 pounds total with the stand, box of spares, etc. The car doesn't even know the trailer is there.

I figured the hitch could also be used for bike racks or the flat platforms - at least Mazda shouldn't be able to complain about those :D

Kevin M.
'04 Wagon

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have that hitch and have used it to tow a Harbor Freight utility trailer with my son's go kart on it - so, maybe 300 pounds total with the stand, box of spares, etc. The car doesn't even know the trailer is there.

I figured the hitch could also be used for bike racks or the flat platforms - at least Mazda shouldn't be able to complain about those :D

Kevin M.
'04 Wagon
[/b]
How will you explain the wiring harness? For the lights on the bikes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Stefx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing