Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I just purchased my first Mazda--a 2008 6i Touring with only 16K miles. I love the car so far, but I just realized yesterday (the day after buying) that, although the dealer sold it as a Grand Touring, it's a touring. It has leather and a sunroof, which is why I think they made the mistake. Nonetheless, I was pretty upset when I found out (the missing fogs and the manual aircon tipped me off). I paid a pretty good price--15,300. When I contacted the dealer, he offered me the option of another $500 off the price or to rescind the deal. I live in OH where misrepresenting the model of a car entitles the buyer to triple actual damages. My question is what is a fair amount for the dealer to pay to make up for the missing features. As an alternative, what features could the dealer install for me that might make up some of the differences (and or add comparable value. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
are you sure you got ripped. fogs were an option, not standard on the GT's on the 06+ im pretty sure. and the manual air conditioning instead of climate control is standard on all i's. it doesnt matter what model it is. only the v6 S's got the climate control.

·
Registered
110 Posts
my '08 S GT had the fogs standard, there was no option for those. and i second MonoxideChild's remarks about the air con/climate control: only the S models had the auto climate control.

·
Registered
369 Posts
When I bought my 6 I was supposed to get the GT but some other sales guy sold it. It was a 6i GT and did have Climate Control, HID's, Homelink mirror and the different instrument cluster with Electroluminescent gauges. Here is a link to a 2008 Brochure ( too big too attach)
http://mazda-subaru-vw.homestead.com/Brochures/MAZDA/6/2008_mazda6_brochure.pdf
from that brochure:

MAZDA
6 GRAND TOURING

Includes the following features in addition to Touring:

Power sliding-glass moonroof with interior sunshade

High-Intensity-Discharge (HID) low-beam headlights

Halogen fog lights

Fully automatic climate control

Electroluminescent gauges

Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink®
18-inch alloy wheels with P215/45R18 tires
Rear wing spoiler (Sports Sedan)

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
keep in mind those brocheres arent always right. according to them, the mazda6 wagon was never offered with a manual trans. but they were def made, because many members here have them. they just had to be ordered.

and just a reference. i def have a grand touring sport. and didnt have HID's stock, or 18's. (have both now. lol)but i think that just has more to do with the year of my car then anything. dont think either of those were optioned in 05

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
What's a fair amount? Exactly the amount you paid and he offered to give back. There isn't a single reason you need or deserve a penny more, assuming you didn't experience any additional out-of-pocket for items you can't use on a different 6.

If you don't want the car, take it back, get your money, and consider yourself lucky that you found a respectable dealer with some integrity. Odds are in court you'd receive nothing more than the fair retail value difference between the two models.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you like the car, I would work something out with them for free services, or maybe an extended warrenty, theres no reason to get rid of it if you like it and your happy with it, but if they want to give you some back, and call it even that would be ok, but 500 doesnt sound like much. I think trying to get something added on would be better for you in the long run, unless you want a GT, then you will probably have to give it back and find one...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts