Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im new here and I just bought a 2005 Mazda6i last week. I live in Oklahoma and of course we had an icestorm and blizzard. So I already have 4 black spot chips on back of my 6! Musta been from cinder stones or something. Theres 2 on back bumper and then theres 2 bigger ones right behind my trunk lid above bumper. I WAS LIKE!! OMG! So,do any auto stores carry touchup paint for 6's? Im not sure what to do. Is there a certain temperature you have to do it at? Its gonna be like 41F to 38F high all week. Maybe 53F next sunday.

hmm...

thanks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Mazda sells touchup paint. So do places like Paintscratch.com (there's another online store with better prices but I can't remember it - a search will probably call it up).

Check out the guide to detailing here:
http://www.autopia.org/

or the Paintscratch.com site for painting info.

:)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Temp is important.

Check your color code on the inside of the driver's side door.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you have a garage, you can always heat it up. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope,lol. Apartment complex,so outside..it is kind of best though to totally wait til your out of winter. So if any more winter storms come along,God forbid! Its annoying though,just bought it last week and within a week it already has scars on it! shit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is no touch up paint available for the whitewater pearl mazdaspeeds. Will it be coming out soon or available aftermarket anywhere?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hate mazda paint, so fricking thin, my Mitsubishi Paint is thicker than can be, the Nissan I own has paint thicker than the anything I have seen short of a BMW

·
Registered
508 Posts
I hate mazda paint, so fricking thin, my Mitsubishi Paint is thicker than can be, the Nissan I own has paint thicker than the anything I have seen short of a BMW[/b]
LoL, thats EXACTLY what I thought when I got it, I first tried some crappy brand from my local Autoparts store, and it actually worked pretty well, pretty thick, almost the exact color of my car, but when I got a free bottle of mazda touchup paint, from the get go, I noticed that it was incredibly thin and watery compared to the store bought paint....wierd

·
Registered
464 Posts
I emailed Mazda and they ended up sending me some touchup paint, zoom-zoom stickers, keychain, and a pocketknife!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I emailed Mazda and they ended up sending me some touchup paint, zoom-zoom stickers, keychain, and a pocketknife![/b]
WHAT?!? Lol, tell me everything you did so I can do the same. I never got my touchup paint as many others said they have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts