Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the situation, I have been building my Carpc and screen setup for awhile now. Finally got the screen mounted in my mappocket and cables ran down behind the radio for the monitor and USB for touchscreen, Installed a AUX MOD for music and movies from my Dell PC. Ran a set of VGA's behind and out the glovebox to the passenger seat where I will mount a XBOX with wireless controllers. It is still very much a work in progress.

Powered it up everything worked well, except I cant see the screen in the daylight!!! DAMN IT! I never even thought of that, I am going to be putting 20% tint all around will this make a diffrence? Any other thoughts?

I will post pics tonight once it gets a little darker

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok here is the situation, I have been building my Carpc and screen setup for awhile now. Finally got the screen mounted in my mappocket and cables ran down behind the radio for the VGA and USB, Installed a AUX MOD for music and movies from my Dell PC.

Powered it up everything worked well, except I cant see the screen in the daylight!!! DAMN IT! I never even thought of that, I am going to be putting 20% tint all around will this make a diffrence? Any other thoughts?

I will post pics tonight once it gets a little darker
[/b]
Which model Lilliput are you using ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a TFT-LCD 7.5 touchscreen model number 629gl

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tint will help to eliminate the glare
[/b]

Thats what I was hoping!

·
Registered
347 Posts
i have a pionner avic n2 with no tint and i have no glar although on the pioneer while my headlights are off, daytime, the backround it white nad while my headlights are on, dark or rainy, the backround is black so tat could also reduce glare

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
GammaControl. Look into that, also might want to consider getting an Xenarc/Gain screen, I have my screen in the same place and I dont have much a problem. They totally put to shame Lilliputs. Look into a glare shield as well.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gammacontrol, Downloading today and will give it a whirl, thanks!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Alpine IVA-D310 with the Metra kit, so the unit is where the stock radio sits. I also have 20% tint in the back with 30% in the front. I haven't had many problems with glare. When I have seen some glare on the screen i usually just hit the tilt button on the head unit, and that takes care of any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Black2003-6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing