Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have an Onyx Black Mazda 6. Well just tonight I mananged to scrape the bumper along against a wooden pole in the middle of a parking lot. Yes I am an idiot, I didn't see it, lol. Anyhow, there is a scuff on my bumper, no deep scratches or anything (I can't forget the crack in my tail light, but I am getting clear ones within the next few weeks so its not too bad). I was going to buy touch up paint to go over it but I don't want to make it look worse than it does.

Does anybody have any suggestions that way it don't turn out like crap? Thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reading Topic: Touch up paint tips

I have a similar problem. On the 405 mile home from NYC where I picked my car up, a stone popped up and scratched the underside of my front bumper lip. I'm probably the only one that can notice it, but ya know ...

Mine's a steel gray. How do you guys get those little scratches out?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Touch up paint tips'

I got a few of those also. The scuff is the thing I am most worried about though. Its big and ugly when you can see it and I take very good care of my car. I hate seeing it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well I got outside today and cleaned up the area. There are no deep scratches at all, just a lot of small white surface scratches. I can probally post a pic later tonight on what it looks like.

White on black looks terrible, lol... do you think that stuff will fix it up?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Touch up paint tips

if you try this stuff on your 6, i want pics of before and after!!!! i have a white scratch on my blue 6 too... if it works, yeppi! :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

See, my scratch you can only see at an angle, so I am guessing that it didn't actaully scratch the paint, just the coating over it. I will be sure to get pics if I use that or whatever I do use... they might be up by tonight because I got to get this fixed before my dad sees it or he will flip, lol.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I will keep that in mind, thanks. I am heading up to Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts in a few hours, I will get pics and post them.

·
Registered
88 Posts

I received a sample of Langka and gave it a try. Pretty much works as described. It does a good job of leveling the blob, but it will remove the all touchup paint if you rub too much. It looks better than the blob of paint, but it's not perfect.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well I did what LBJay said to do, I bought Scratch-X.

I was unable to get before and after pics because my friend whose camera I used was unavailable for the night. But lets just say the stuff worked great. I used a few coats, and you really need to apply a lot of pressure for it to work well (at least on a big area of small scratches like mine.) You can barely tell it was there, you can only see a few of the bigger ones that were there but very faintly. You got to walk up to it and look, you can't see it from a distance.

For $8, it was well worth it. Looks almost as good as new :) thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts