Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a black mazda s auto...and i was wondering about a torque converter for the 6 does anyone know anything about that issue? on weather i should get one..or if there out because i couldnt find anything,,,,

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Torque Converter

If you have an Auto then you already have a torque converter. :D

If your not sure why you would need a different one, I would suggest you stay with what you have.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Yes, I've heard they are good to have in an automatic transmission. Kind of torques me off that I didn't get one on my MTX.

·
Registered
628 Posts

uhhh....seriously? Does this thread really exist? I swear this must be some kind of glitch in the matrix...And please oh please tell me you are joking pgmr...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Torque Converter'

Originally posted by M What

Hey i have a black mazda s auto...and i was wondering about a torque converter for the 6  does anyone know anything about that issue? on weather i should get one..or if there out because i couldnt find anything,,,,[/b]

Uh your car already comes with a Torque Converter....

I think you mean a high stall torque converter... that's only if you plan to drag race where you hold your brakes down and floor the pedal and when the light goes green you let the brakes go. Stock torque conv. will go to 2000 rpms or so with a modded one you can go up to 3000rpm. Daily driving it's stupid.... only if you drag race would you do that.. and a mazda 6 is no drag car.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

uhhh....seriously? Does this thread really exist?  I swear this must be some kind of glitch in the matrix...And please oh please tell me you are joking pgmr...[/b]
Ok, you caught me...I was joking....:)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

welll...ya i know i have a torque converter already...since i have a huge lag with automatic...i was told if i get an aftermarket torque converter i wouldnt have such a lag...and it could knock off about half a second on my quarter mile...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by M What

and it could knock off about half a second on my quarter mile...[/b]
OK, yea, sure, maybe. And put one very large dent in your wallet. You realize that if you could get one made or buy one they would have to drop the whole engine just to get at the tranny. Hell, NOS would be cheaper. If your going to dump the warranty, why not go for some HP.

Speed cost money. How fast can you afford? (Quick is more expensive)

Learning to drive a manual would have been cheaper and worth more than .5 sec

·
Registered
126 Posts

Manual is such a pain in the ass. ... The few times i've driven manual I was pretty much riding the clutch. My arms and left leg were so sore from dropping to neutral at every stop... especially when you stall in the middle of a 3 lane highway =X

no thanks ... I got auto and imma stick with it =)

·
Registered
312 Posts

Originally posted by block911

Manual is such a pain in the ass. ...  The few times i've driven manual I was pretty much riding the clutch.  My arms and left leg were so sore from dropping to neutral at every stop... especially when you stall in the middle of a 3 lane highway =X

no thanks ... I got auto and imma stick with it  =)[/b]
That happens to people when they don't know how to drive MTX... but as you learn and get better, you learn to not ride the clutch, how to not stall in stop and go traffic, etc... it all comes with experience. Id say one good weekend in a parking lot, then to non busy streets and finally into highways would have you mastering a manual. Keep an open mind. ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts

I'd rather learn how to better secure our Linux boxes and get paid more rather than spend time driving stick and killing my arm and more than likely causing a big accident.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Driving an automatic is essentially letting the car think for you. A manual becomes automatic over time in that your right arm and left leg operate as if part of the car and react to your most primal senses of economy or speed. The benefit of driving a manual is being able to apply a continuosly and infinitely variable shift pattern. Go from 2nd to 3rd at 1500rpm, 6000rpm or anywhere in between. Manual trannies have become so "automatic" to me that I once accidentally came to a screeching halt in an emergency in my parents auto tranny Acura because my brain told my left foot "clutch now!" but the left most pedal in that car was the brake pedal. :D oops

Securing your linux boxes is a lesson in futility. There are tons of hackers out there constantly pushing you to find yet another way to improve security, but what's secure today won't necessarily be secure tomorrow (and so on and so forth). Speaking of getting paid more, Mazda got paid more by you to sell you an auto tranny. $900 more! Hey, the hackers are having fun at no cost to themselves, why shouldn't you? :)

·
Registered
126 Posts

Originally posted by kyler13

Driving an automatic is essentially letting the car think for you.  A manual becomes automatic over time in that your right arm and left leg operate as if part of the car and react to your most primal senses of economy or speed.  The benefit of driving a manual is being able to apply a continuosly and infinitely variable shift pattern.  Go from 2nd to 3rd at 1500rpm, 6000rpm or anywhere in between.  Manual trannies have become so "automatic" to me that I once accidentally came to a screeching halt in an emergency in my parents auto tranny Acura because my brain told my left foot "clutch now!" but the left most pedal in that car was the brake pedal.  :D  oops

Securing your linux boxes is a lesson in futility.  There are tons of hackers out there constantly pushing you to find yet another way to improve security, but what's secure today won't necessarily be secure tomorrow (and so on and so forth).  Speaking of getting paid more, Mazda got paid more by you to sell you an auto tranny.  $900 more!  Hey, the hackers are having fun at no cost to themselves, why shouldn't you?  :)[/b]

I get paid to secure boxes... I don't get paid to driva manny =)

Plus the autoshifter lets me shift at whatever RPM I CHOOSE.

save for a slight powerloss.... manual trannys aren't for me.

But to each his own

·
Registered
791 Posts

Originally posted by block911

I'd rather learn how to better secure our Linux boxes and get paid more rather than spend time driving stick and killing my arm and more than likely causing a big accident.[/b]
Sad...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Torque Converter'

learning to drive/driving a manual is a fun experience, i wouldnt get a real sports car in auto, its a disgrace that some people make autos in sports cars... but anyway... block i can semi understand where you are coming from, i didnt get a manny in my 6 cause a) its not a real sports car, B) manumatic mode is sufficent (nowhere near as good as a real manny, but sufficent) c) i am damn tall and leaving my leg in that position would be very very uncomfortable since this is my everyday, everywhere car d) i drive in some of the worst traffic in the US everyday ( i think we were ranked in the top 10 if not the top 5) :) my Camaro SS is a stick, now THAT is a neccesity. But that comes out on weekends and at the track for some fun... so im never driving it that long

·
Registered
793 Posts

i hate my stickomatic...driving stick was so natural to me, that when i got my six(had to meet my wife half way; auto/manual) i felt sick...i still wish every morning when i wake i had a manual 6!

·
Registered
791 Posts

The sad part is not wanting to ever learn because there isn't enough time to "spend time driving stick and killing my arm."

Yeah, whew! I love how my arm gets a heavy workout from rowing gears. Especially in the '6, it's so painful to shift. The clutch too.

What's it take- half an hour to pick up the basics of driving stick? A month to truly get comfortable, perhaps, but even my wife could drive my car (slowly) within half an hour.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

Driving a stick isnt very hard at all... and if your body gets sore from driving a stick i think you need to get out a little more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts