Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

To all the Toronto MS6 owners....

As you know there are only like 2 gas stations here that offer 93 octane or more. Ok..I exaggerate but you know what I mean....its very very rare. The only station that I know of that offers it is Sunoco with its Power 94. But how many Sunoco's are here? hardly any as its either Esso, Shell or Petro Canada; all of whom offer garbage.

So what do you do to get by? pick a Sunoco to gas up religously at? if so thats not very convenient

I am entertaining the idea of getting an MS6 but the car is useless without boost (especially at 3600lbs) and if its cutting boost due to insufficent octane then Toronto owners are SOL and theres no way I would bother with this car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello there, allow me to respond. Yes, there is only one gas station that carries 93+ octane, and that is Sunoco - yes, you do need to be aware of that and their various locations. But, I have never had a problem finding one... plenty in the area... I haven't yet, but in a pinch I could also use 91 octane ... with I doubt a major performance hit... and pretty well everone has that.

So don't let that stop you ... the car rocks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey all.

To all the Toronto MS6 owners....

As you know there are only like 2 gas stations here that offer 93 octane or more. Ok..I exaggerate but you know what I mean....its very very rare. The only station that I know of that offers it is Sunoco with its Power 94. But how many Sunoco's are here? hardly any as its either Esso, Shell or Petro Canada; all of whom offer garbage.

So what do you do to get by? pick a Sunoco to gas up religously at? if so thats not very convenient

I am entertaining the idea of getting an MS6 but the car is useless without boost (especially at 3600lbs) and if its cutting boost due to insufficent octane then Toronto owners are SOL and theres no way I would bother with this car.
[/b]
Sunoco are all over the place...there are at least 3 in Brampton alone.
There is also another company...can't remember the name, that sells 93.
LIP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunoco are all over the place...there are at least 3 in Brampton alone.
There is also another company...can't remember the name, that sells 93.
LIP
[/b]
I have yet to see them around the GTA.... the amount of Sunoco's out there pale in comparison to PC, Esso and Shell

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
can u guys buy one of those nitro thingy to boost the octane? i saw one of those in can tire....

·
Registered
272 Posts
There are 8 on my way to work, across the North of TO.

50&7
400/Rutherford - in Von Mills mall
Keele north of Rutherford
Rutherford between Dufferin & Bathurst
Warden/Steeles
Woodbine South of 7
7 - between Yonge & Bathurst
14th & McCowan

See if the sunoco.ca location site is working.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, log into the Sunoco site, and do a search of stations in your area... (they even provide maps-for each and every one!)

I am unsure of anyone else wh provided 93+ (such as any independants) - but... I think PetroCanada carries a higher octane out west ... perhaps we need start a letter writing campaign)

Seriously, I have never been wanting for a Sunoco in my travels...

·
Registered
297 Posts
can u guys buy one of those nitro thingy to boost the octane? i saw one of those in can tire....
[/b]
That product raises octane by one point, but it actually means 0.1, so you'd need ten of them to raise octane from 91 to 92

Also, there were other threads clearly stating not to use octane boosters on the MS6

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah Petro Can in B.C. carries 94 Octane and i think the Shell but dont quote me on that one. We have plenty of PC's in Victoria so that is the only one i go to but the price is crazy $1.25/L

·
Registered
721 Posts
These are the ones in my area.

Woodbine North of 407
Hwy 7 west of Bayview
Markham Rd south of 14th,
Hwy 7 west of Markham Road
Yonge street north of hwy 7

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have yet to see them around the GTA.... the amount of Sunoco's out there pale in comparison to PC, Esso and Shell
[/b]
Perhaps but there are tons nonetheless...there is no excuse, other than cost, for not putting 93 or 94(Sunoco) in an MS6 in the GTA.

LIP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
lip2000
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing