Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried this thing? If so could you let me know how it has worked out. It seems like it should work. Any way here is the address. http://www.tornadoair.com/ This site does not sho the part # for the 6 but there is one. It is part #KI-65.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Reading Topic: Tornado Fuel Saver

This thing makes me laugh everytime I see it.

The premise its based upon makes sense, i.e. reduce intake turbulence. But the item would have to be designed for each specific application and is not universal.

Actually the RX-8 uses similar technology in the intake. But again, it needs to be designed specifically for each application. Not worth the money. You'd be extremely lucky to receive a 5HP increase.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Im thinking the gain wouldn't be noticed mainly in HP increase, but gas consumption/saving. I had a friend who purchased that thing and said his gas mileage did have a somewhat noticeable increase. I just don't think that I would have a need for that.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Tornado Fuel Saver'

Originally posted by GreenNuggs You'd be extremely lucky to receive a 5HP increase.[/b]
It is an intake restriction! More like a 5HP decrease! After the intake air hits the throttle body butterfly, turbulence+.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I didnt think it would have any impact on performance but do you guys think that really would save gas?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing it is designed to do is remove money from your wallet and put it in theirs

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!  

The only thing it is designed to do is remove money from your wallet and put it in theirs[/b]
:hoho :hoho :hoho :hoho

·
Registered
55 Posts

I bought a used one of these for a neon (with exhaust and intake) I had years ago, and I didn't notice anything, no decrease, no increase and I have never tracked mileage. So even if it does add a slight amount of power, If you can't tell it is pretty worthless.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Never put any thing in your intake air flow. They say it works like a turbo but to bad it does not. if you want do increas the air go with a open end filter and make a duct out of your drives side lower grill. I plan to make one that is removable so when it rains I can take ti off. That is what I do. I work on Dirt track race cars, Latemodles and enduro. I realy do not work on the power of the car I fabricate pieces that the crew cheif needs. I mill stuff and weld stuff. I have made ducts before for the front brakes on the cars. So I want to make a costom air box that works with that grill. I plan to move the battery to the trunk to give me more room.:) :)

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by GreenNuggs You'd be extremely lucky to receive a 5HP increase.[/b]
It is an intake restriction! More like a 5HP decrease! After the intake air hits the throttle body butterfly, turbulence+.
[/b][/quote]

I think its BS as well. But turbulence is a vaild factor when considering intake design as you so promptly indicated.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Originally posted by Bangadrum5

Has anyone ever tried this thing?  If so could you let me know how it has worked out.  It seems like it should work.  Any way here is the address.  http://www.tornadoair.com/  This site does not sho the part # for the 6 but there is one.  It is part #KI-65.[/b]
If I'm not mistaking the correct part number would be KI-70. And I'm thinking of getting one, but not to get more horse power but to save gas, because my Mazda6 takes more gas than my friends BMW 540i any one can probably buy a nice BMW on the money you can save on GAS.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!  

The only thing it is designed to do is remove money from your wallet and put it in theirs[/b]
agree

·
Registered
341 Posts

I bought one of these a while ago for my 2000 Taurus and didn't save a penny in gas. In fact, it kept twisting in my intake and causing my car to lose LOTS of power and guzzle gas like a Suburban. A super waste of money, I still feel like such a sucker for buying it. BTW, any one need a Tornado sized for a 2000 Taurus? Ill let it go cheap ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts