Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my coolant level is a little low this morning and I'd like to top it off. I have a ton of the standard "green" coolant but understand our cars run a Dexcool which is orange and should not be combined. Doing a little searching of the site I found that the brand of coolant I need is: Valvoline Zerex G-05 which I'm hoping can be found at either Pep Boys, Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. My question is, can I just add this with some distilled water and top off my level or does the Zerex not compatiable with the stock orange stuff? If it's not, what coolant could I get at one of the 3 parts stores above that is?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I noticed my coolant level is a little low this morning and I'd like to top it off. I have a ton of the standard "green" coolant but understand our cars run a Dexcool which is orange and should not be combined. Doing a little searching of the site I found that the brand of coolant I need is: Valvoline Zerex G-05 which I'm hoping can be found at either Pep Boys, Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. My question is, can I just add this with some distilled water and top off my level or does the Zerex not compatiable with the stock orange stuff? If it's not, what coolant could I get at one of the 3 parts stores above that is?

Thanks for your help.
[/b]

Zerex G-05 is fine, however it's not reccomended you mix it with Dexcool. If you're a bit low and dont want to completely flush and refill, then just top it off with some distilled water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts