1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
topgear, dont they test like high end cars like porche/lambos/ferarries?
o well, everyone is a bit biased one way or another.
[/b]
Yeah, but they also take the "average" car out too. Jeremy Clarkson loved the RX8 for instance, and Richard Hammond was impressed with the Nissan Murano. I would like to see the actual hosts of the show test out the MPS 6 rather than some guy named Matt Master.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
And they all loved the new MX-5 as well. No clue who this Master fellow is, but suggesting a step up to the R32? Very different kind of car. Could've said something positive at least.

Actually, it looks like he dissed the R32 and then said you may as well spend more to get it over the MS6. Wow.

·
Registered
979 Posts
To each his own opinion!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Remember how pissed they were at one of the vw cars that got heavier then the old model? I bet they'll be mad during the review of the new miata this year.
[/b]
They did that review.

They loved the new Miata.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Topgear loves light cars. They hate when light cars get heavy. I think that pretty much sums up all their reviews.

Remember how pissed they were at one of the vw cars that got heavier then the old model? I bet they'll be mad during the review of the new miata this year.
[/b]
Then why do they love Astons and Jaguars so much? I agree with you though - they tend to like the lightweight, nimble vehicles. Such is the love-affair with Lotus. There seems to be a slight bias towards British vehicles on that show though...

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Well it is a british show! :)

The key is to take all the reviews from all your sources and mesh them together. 5th, topgear,and BMI help counter out the massive bias's the US reviewers and magazines have in terms of "keeping everyone happy". But of course they aren't the end all of reviewers, just a source with a very different viewpoint, that happens to be publically funded instead of sponsored (so they can say something sucks and not get penalized for it, unlike US reviewers).

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ and for that reason, top gear is the shit.
[/b]
for me, it's when they launch cars from cannons and race a Mitsu Evo and a bobsled team down the mountain. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Did they stop airing it in the states? I love the show. TiVo used to pick it up all the time, but now I never see it. What gives???

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did they stop airing it in the states? I love the show. TiVo used to pick it up all the time, but now I never see it. What gives???
[/b]
I agree, I love the show too...they do get up to great fun, however, I drove the MPS, it's so torquey and strong that I'm buying my wife one but I'm getting an EVOIX FOR ME!!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
From the review:

"To make matters worse, the basic Mazda6 is so dated now"

Dated? Why is that some people think a car should car just for the sake of 'change?' Frankly, the 05 models are still better looking than every single other car in its class. The only complaint someone could give to the 6 is the outdated 3.0L. Anything else is pure bullshit.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I agree, the 05 6 is the best looking mid size sedan for the price no question. I only left cause of the lousy 3.0 motor.

The numbers of that 3.0 is just too subpar compared to the rest of the Japanese makes.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From the review:

"To make matters worse, the basic Mazda6 is so dated now"

Dated? Why is that some people think a car should car just for the sake of 'change?' Frankly, the 05 models are still better looking than every single other car in its class. The only complaint someone could give to the 6 is the outdated 3.0L. Anything else is pure bullshit.
[/b]
Yes. 05 > 06 FTW!
The 6 has only been around for what, 4 years? "So dated" compared to WHAT?! I agree that the engine could use a bump, but the rest of the vehicle ('05) is absolutely gorgeous. Other manufacturers need to catch up to the 6, not the other way around.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
28 Participants
2poor4MS6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing