Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cruise on the highway in my 6 at 80MPH and engine RPM is just under 2500. With at least 4000 RPM to go, it makes me wonder what the top end of a stock 6 is. I'm thinking 120 MPH is doable. Anyone know or been up there?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I did 240 km per hour and maintained it for 2 minutes or so until the Jaguar XJ left me. There were no other cars except for the two of us in that road. It was a "clean" road.

I have the diesel variant so I have a different RPM range. At that speed, the RPM is about 4750. It is 250 short of the red line. I wasn't able to take a video as I find it too dangerous to do so. My three friends didn't think of taking the video.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Without governor control it would do 140 + mph. I have a 2016 Sport MTX. i haven't had the chance to go beyond 110 mph. A while back I took my 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo (190 Hp and good .29 Cd) to 145 mph on a slight downhill while driving through Wyoming!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
The 2014+ has a governor at 130mph and the 1st gen is governed to 120 so, unless you remove that (definitely not recommended), you won't go past it.

Though, we absolutely don't recommend going anywhere near that unless you're on a closed track with proper security and protection.

I won't say what I've reached as a top speed in the car on a public forum ;)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I won't say what I've reached as a top speed in the car on a public forum ;)
Normally id agree, but no one can do anything to you even with your IP address and your "claim" that you broke the law. In this particular case its a bit different than your normal crime story. Regardless, at 120 the 1st Gen is very stable, so not sure why they limited it to that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Normally id agree, but no one can do anything to you even with your IP address and your "claim" that you broke the law. In this particular case its a bit different than your normal crime story. Regardless, at 120 the 1st Gen is very stable, so not sure why they limited it to that.
I will bet my one month salary that, that guy reached the speed limiter but won't admit it and neither deny it.

Ha ha, me too but I was in a 1989 Camaro IROC-Z 1LE. It was like flying ...
Yes! It was like flying, together with my wallet in the gas station.

Do you still have that Camaro? Or at least some pictures, please post it here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Mazdaspeed 6 has a limiter of 155 mph, but in stock form it really can't go much faster anyway. Personally I've never done more than about 90 in mine.

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
Everything is linked and traceable on the internet - it's not a big stretch to say you could easily find my Facebook account through this website even though they don't have a single thing in common (no IP, no email, no username, etc). There's always a way to find the details.

A Facebook profile leads to just about everything, even if you're someone like me who uses it maybe once every 2 months to use the marketplace. Things like FB, Instagram, and LinkedIn are becoming more and more utilized by employers to "monitor" or "scope out" current or potential employees.

While posting things on here likely can't get you arrested, I always post with the forethought that someone at some point could figure it out and use it against me in some way.

Anyways, I don't know about yours but my v6 wasn't very happy going quickly lol. It was also at like 140k miles at that point and needed some TLC.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My point is, you could literally walk in to a police station and claim to have murdered someone. The worst that will happen is you are arrested and then let go once they conclude there is no proof. Maybe charged with filing a false report. They cant charge you with anything if they dont have proof, regardless of what you say online. Unless youre stupid enough to record it and then post it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cruise on the highway in my 6 at 80MPH and engine RPM is just under 2500. With at least 4000 RPM to go, it makes me wonder what the top end of a stock 6 is. I'm thinking 120 MPH is doable. Anyone know or been up there?
I’m in Canada, I mean mexico and my governor hits at 195kmh, in my 07 2.3I

1 - 16 of 16 Posts