Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the top speed of any of the engines?

1.8 , 2.0 , 2.3 or 3.0 ???

How fast does it go? Just curios! :sarc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Top Speed?'

2.3 I know should have it's limit around 210 km/h according to the papers.. Sedan that is.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I know what the specs say, but Mazda have a bad habit of being a little bit faster than specs! ;)

Has anyone really punshed the pedal to the metal and tested the speed?

Thanks for the tree comment, i took the picture today!

·
Registered
510 Posts

I haven't Pushed it to the Limit....

But I have done 140 km p/hour and car feels stable and smoothe at this speed......

Speed limit in Australia on Freeways is 110 kph.

Maybe I should take it to Northern Territory of Australia where there is Unlimited Speed Limit !!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Actually, I think there is a speed limiter built into the computer, so you can't go faster than spec. But I remember Nicolas at DuratecPerformance talking about the Diablo chip that made this limit go away.

Correct, Nicolas?

·
Registered
71 Posts

Well I've tried 160kph. Overtaking. Didn't event noticed how fast I
went untill glanced at speedometer.Stability was excellent, engine noise
bit too loud. But IMHO Mazda6 with 2.3 could reach ~ 215kph. In 5th
gear it would be ~6.5krpm. Faster would mean keeping the engine
in red sector for a while.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by Gasjs

in red sector for a while.[/b]
Ok, cool that you did'nt notice how fast you where going, that means that the interior are well isolated from roadnoice!

What engine do you have in your wheels?

·
Registered
14 Posts

110 (but thats Miles per Hour!!) and with more to go too ~ backed off when i remembered that the French police can issue "unlimited" fines for speed infractions:hoho ~ the Autoroute near Bordeaux was deserted though!;)
2.3 sporthatch with 3300 miles on the oddy

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i Pushed mines to 120MPH and it dropped down too qwik. mines gotta be governed.

6s 3.0 Sports Package

here's another link to my 120 Max tho.

Click Here

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Wow, I haven't done that yet as I'm trying to break in my engine slowly, only have 450 miles so I'm going to wait til 1,000 before opening it up. I'm taking a performance driving course in March of next year, so by then the car will be broken in and ready to go. I'll test out the top speed when I get some track time. I'm scared to try that anywhere else. Becarful where you drive like that, you never know what could be on the road, I would save that kinda stuff for a track where you don't have to worry about anything.

·
Registered
41 Posts

A portuguese magazine tested one hatch with the Diesel engine (100kw/136cv); and topped it at 208 km/h (129,2 mph). They took it to test the power, and they got 164 cv. As much as the 2.3 AWD has. It also got 5 stars on handling. It was the Sport trim level, full equipment (leather, auto ac, DSC, TCS, BOSE, Xenon) except nav. Ah, the diesel doesn't get 17"'s. It was running on 205/55/16.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Originally posted by bihus

A portuguese magazine tested one hatch with the Diesel engine (100kw/136cv); and topped it at 208 km/h (129,2 mph). They took it to test the power, and they got 164 cv. As much as the 2.3 AWD has. It also got 5 stars on handling. It was the Sport trim level, full equipment (leather, auto ac, DSC, TCS, BOSE, Xenon) except nav. Ah, the diesel doesn't get 17"'s. It was running on 205/55/16.[/b]
164!!! Was it chiptuned?? You know, chiptuning is already offered for the Diesel, and they're saying they bring it up to 165 hp/380 NM...

Is that article online anywhere? Do you have a link?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Hmmm, maybe Mazda wanted to do a good deed or simply impress the testers by delivering a more powerful version than there actually is...

I wouldn't mind my Diesel having more hp. :D I'd like to see the report myself as well. Don't believe it though. Gimme some proof!! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts

Originally posted by kyrkbymannen

Originally posted by Gasjs

in red sector for a while.[/b]
Ok, cool that you did'nt notice how fast you where going, that means that the interior are well isolated from roadnoice!

What engine do you have in your wheels?

[/b][/quote]

I've got 2.3. The stability of Mazda6 IS excellent, but can't agree with roadnoise issue.
The roadnoise as such does not stress me too much. What stresses me is
the engine noise. I love that sound when I'm accelerating. But when I'm cruising with 140kmh at 4krpm (160 ~ 4.5krpm - well it wasn't cruising but anyway) the engine noise becomes annoying. Thank goodness I have that Bose audio with automatic volume control, which allows me to hear the music, not the engine. But when there is a pause between songs I hear that noise.

·
Registered
41 Posts

It was a regular one. It was even tested by other magazines. You can see by the license plate ;). That's probably caused by this. It's well "stretched"(don't know how to say it). But this magazine always gets faster accelerations than the others. They made 9,3s from 0-100kph. It delivered 339 Nm. I'll scan it as soon as I get my new scanner (probably this weekend). The only problem is that it's in portuguese.
Oh, and what about the chip? I didn't know it was already available. From which manufacturer? I have an Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDI, and I almost had one from Superchips.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Originally posted by bihus

It was a regular one. It was even tested by other magazines. You can see by the license plate ;). That's probably caused by this. It's well "stretched"(don't know how to say it). But this magazine always gets faster accelerations than the others. They made 9,3s from 0-100kph. It delivered 339 Nm. I'll scan it as soon as I get my new scanner (probably this weekend). The only problem is that it's in portuguese.
Oh, and what about the chip? I didn't know it was already available. From which manufacturer? I have an Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDI, and I almost had one from Superchips.[/b]
Please do scan it when you get a chance, even though it's in Portugese - much appreciated.

As for the chiptuning, I've seen a couple of offers on the net. Actually, I don't think there is a "chip" involved, they use the OBD-2 interface to flash the new software.

http://www.obd2-motortuning.de
http://www.bs.motor-chiptuning.de
http://www.tuner1.de/diesel.html

Sorry - all in German :sarc

·
Registered
53 Posts

Hey Guys,

Well I drove to Germany this week (2.0 Executive Sport) with 235 Km/h on the speedometer doing 6900 RPM's. This was downhill, on straight level I get it up to 220 approx. It's humming at 6500 RPM's and that is more than enough.

The car sounds very sporty until about 160 Km/h, after that it becomes more silent. What does take some getting used to is that it becomes VERY sensitive on the steering wheel when you go over 180 Km/h, but that is just something you will get over very soon.

Got mine now since 6th September and close to breaching the 10,000 km's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts