Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I had my windshield replaced with no issue. However, now there is a rattling sound coming from the dash that goes from left to right when I make turns. It must have been something the technician dropped. Not sure what since there aren't any screws or whatnot that hold windshields in that I know of. I am guessing he dropped something in the vents where the defrost hits the windshield. How do I open that? Can I do that without serious disassembly?

·
Rally Racer
2,365 Posts
Yesterday, I had my windshield replaced with no issue. However, now there is a rattling sound coming from the dash that goes from left to right when I make turns. It must have been something the technician dropped. Not sure what since there aren't any screws or whatnot that hold windshields in that I know of. I am guessing he dropped something in the vents where the defrost hits the windshield. How do I open that? Can I do that without serious disassembly?
Bummer. Here is a video link. Grab a friend... it should only take 5-6min if you move quick.
https://youtu.be/S-eK5fH9f3s

If you are not as speedy or can't be bothered, maybe you could thread/drop a magnet down there attached to some kevlar survival thread (so you don't end up with two things rattling about) and hope it is magnetic (socket?, screw?, nut?)

Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the link, but I have a 2016. SafeLite is supposed to come back out on Friday to look at it, although I question what they can do since they aren't interior guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts