Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. 2014 Mazda 6. Sleek & Sexy from every angle
2. 2013 Kia Optima-still cutting-edge. Love the dual sunroof
3. 2013 Nissan Altima- sharp and refined. Not a bad angle.
4. 2013 Ford Fusion-sharp. Awesome hood lines. Back is disappointing,
5. 2013 Buick Verano-Not your father's Buick. Pleasing to the eye.

Last Place-2013 Toyota Camry. Definitely your farher's Buick.(looks-wise)

·
Registered
55 Posts
1. 2014 Mazda 6. Sleek & Sexy from every angle
2. 2013 Kia Optima-still cutting-edge. Love the dual sunroof
3. 2013 Nissan Altima- sharp and refined. Not a bad angle.
4. 2013 Ford Fusion-sharp. Awesome hood lines. Back is disappointing,
5. 2013 Buick Verano-Not your father's Buick. Pleasing to the eye.

Last Place-2013 Toyota Camry. Definitely your farher's Buick.(looks-wise)
First. The Verano isnt a mid size, but the Regal is...

And my sub 30 list would be this...

1) Mazda6
2) Regal
3)Sonata
4)Accord
5)Optima

3 of the above are offered with Turbos
And
3 of the above are offered with Manual Transmission
But
Only one of the above has both a turbo and an MTX. Which one do you think I keep in my Garage?

·
Registered
631 Posts
The new Fusion looks better than the new 6 IMO. It definitely deserves to be listed higher.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nothing in its class looks better inside and out than the 6 in my opinion, otherwise I would have went with the Accord, Fusion, Altima that I test drove. From every angle the 2014 Mazda 6 oozes sexiness and class. The only car that comes close to the 6 design is the new Accord.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Mazda6 - best looking and handling car in class.
Regal – looks good but lacks the sportiness, GS is above 30K and still lacks in terms of handling.
Accord – not bad but not very original, every other neighbor already has one.
Fusion – Not bad but a little overdesigned and too heavy.
Optima - looks good but its driving dynamics are terrible.
Altima? another point A to B appliance, CVT? No thank you. You may as well get a Camry.

Reactions: 3 to 6

·
Registered
631 Posts
Someone said the front of the Fusion looks like a Bass with his mouth pried open, lol. If you can get past the Aston Martin knock-off grill, great. There's still those tacky looking taillights to deal with.
Someone also said the front of the 2014 6 looks like a dopey face with an enormously swollen nose or perhaps a Hitler mustache.

That was me though.

This thread may be somewhat biased when it comes to the 6's looks because most of those responding have already bought one. It's a good looking car IMO but the Fusion looks great too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The new Fusion looks better than the new 6 IMO. It definitely deserves to be listed higher.
You...are kidding me right?

Everytime I see a fusion on the road I gag a little....the wannabe aston grill looks ridiculous on such a short, stubby hood...and those lines on the hood make it look even worse. compare the side profile of the 6 and the fusion and you can see how much sleeker the 6 looks.....the fusion is just short and fat....

and to continue the fatness of it, the thin tail lights sit on top of a fat butt...and they are trying too hard with the heavy line that runs along the side...where is the subtlety?

Only guys that like the fusion style in official reviews are American Ford fanboys...the fusion didn't even touch the world car design list for 2013, while the mazda6 hit top 3....probably because internationally, the Europeans can sense how ridiculous an aston knock off looks....

This is just me though

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm far from a Ford Fanboy (hate ford honestly). However, the new fusion looks nice. I agree it's a bit bloated looking, but overall the design is nice IMO. obviously we know which I like best, but that's not to say I don't think the Ford looks terrible. but I think the Accord does look terrible (sedan at least, coupe is sharp!). This is far too subjective to keep going on though lol.

I still think the best looking car I own lives in my garage, everyone around me notices the 6 long before they notice the "other" car ;). Maybe I should paint it Soul Red LMAO.. and maybe I should paint a blue bulls eye on myself for police while i'm at it hah.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm far from a Ford Fanboy (hate ford honestly). However, the new fusion looks nice. I agree it's a bit bloated looking, but overall the design is nice IMO. obviously we know which I like best, but that's not to say I don't think the Ford looks terrible. but I think the Accord does look terrible (sedan at least, coupe is sharp!). This is far too subjective to keep going on though lol.

I still think the best looking car I own lives in my garage, everyone around me notices the 6 long before they notice the "other" car ;). Maybe I should paint it Soul Red LMAO.. and maybe I should paint a blue bulls eye on myself for police while i'm at it hah.
Politically correct as always! ;)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
You...are kidding me right?

Everytime I see a fusion on the road I gag a little....the wannabe aston grill looks ridiculous on such a short, stubby hood...and those lines on the hood make it look even worse. compare the side profile of the 6 and the fusion and you can see how much sleeker the 6 looks.....the fusion is just short and fat....

and to continue the fatness of it, the thin tail lights sit on top of a fat butt...and they are trying too hard with the heavy line that runs along the side...where is the subtlety?

Only guys that like the fusion style in official reviews are American Ford fanboys...the fusion didn't even touch the world car design list for 2013, while the mazda6 hit top 3....probably because internationally, the Europeans can sense how ridiculous an aston knock off looks....

This is just me though
We called our rental fusion "the whale". It was Spunky the Whale for a while... until we realized it wasn't as spunky as we thought.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
528 Posts
The new Fusion they almost got right. But the little part they got wrong is so wrong that it ruins the whole thing. It has some angles, like a girl on Facebook taking "selfies," but just like her the Fusion looks horrible when you see the whole thing in the light of day.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Altima is fugggly! And the build quality is so so. Rented one for a few days.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I test drove the new 6 and the seat hurt my back.

I rented a Fusion 1.6 for a road trip, it felt confined inside like the dash is too close

I drove a Verano at a GM press event, the car is small and narrow inside IMO

I don't like Nissans, so I'd never drive one of those. They blow up after 90-100k from friends' experience.

I also don't like Kias or Hyundais. The old ones (01-07ish) were better than the current ones so far as durability IMO and experience of friends

I own a 2013 Accord, 3 months and so far so good. But I don't like it as much as I liked my 2006 Mazda6i.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts