Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyone's top 5 mods (if you can think of that many) would be that don't void warranty. I know there is the whole "does this void my warranty?" thread, but I'd like to know not only what doesn't void warranty, but what's actually worth doing too.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
These aren't in any order. Take off door guards/emblems, paint rear flying M black, stubby antenna, air box mod (just put the parts back in there if your going to the dealership, if your that concerned about it), tail light mod, full LED replacements inside and out, and tint brake light/side markers/lower reflective markers with tint spray/tint film. That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure more people will chime in.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This is my list of 'must have' mods in two categories:

Cheap:
- Debadge and remove door guards
- Tint
- LEDs
- Clear Side Markers
- Painted calipers

Pricy:
- Rims
- Euro Tail Lights

If you want your car to stand out quickly I would do two things: Debadge and remove the door guards and buy rims.
If you are concerned about warranty, buy Mazdaspeed. It's been nothing but good to me so far (I'm the fricking Mazdaspeed Catalog here) :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Really thats true other mods are completely up to the dealership! I used to work for Tustin Mazda and when it came to those kind of problems it really depended on the mood of the mechanic/service writer. A dealership would rather fix the problem and not report it due to a "mod of the car" because all warranty works get get them reimbursed from Mazda Corp. but if they mod seems to be the actual thing that is causing whatever issue they usually wont fix it unless you remove the mod. Or!! If something breaks and the dealer wont fix it put it back to stock and take it to a different dealer!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Train horn too FTW[/b]
I was actually considering the Whistle Muffler Mod courtesy of Bub Rubb and Little Sis. :laugh: If anyone reads this and doesnt know what I'm talking about you're doing yourself a great disservice by not Googling it (it's an oldie but a goodie).

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
If you are concerned about warranty, buy Mazdaspeed.[/b]
+1.

Top 5 cheap/non-warranty voiding mods:

1. airbox mod
2. taillamp mod
3. tint
4. LEDs
5. debadge/remove door guards

Rims can get expensive (especially MazdaSpeed ones -- but damn they're worth it!). Adding the MazdaSpeed accessories like the muffler, the cold air intake, and the suspension pieces will keep within your warranty even though they're a little pricier than some other pieces.

·
Registered
826 Posts
+1.

Top 5 cheap/non-warranty voiding mods:

1. airbox mod
2. taillamp mod
3. tint
4. LEDs
5. debadge/remove door guards

Rims can get expensive (especially MazdaSpeed ones -- but damn they're worth it!). Adding the MazdaSpeed accessories like the muffler, the cold air intake, and the suspension pieces will keep within your warranty even though they're a little pricier than some other pieces.[/b]
My dealership said that if (its an obvious money scheme but its tempting) that as long as I use Mazdaspeed accessories on my car, they won't question me on mods, unless its an obvious connection. Like CAI ----> Hydrolocking is obvious. But they said that if its iffy, they'll let it slide, unless they can directly prove it. Lame? Sort of. Tempting? Somewhat.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
My dealership said that if (its an obvious money scheme but its tempting) that as long as I use Mazdaspeed accessories on my car, they won't question me on mods, unless its an obvious connection. Like CAI ----> Hydrolocking is obvious. But they said that if its iffy, they'll let it slide, unless they can directly prove it. Lame? Sort of. Tempting? Somewhat.[/b]
Mazda can't void your warranty if you're using their own parts that they designed and built specifically for the car on it.

I know my service writer voided my exhaust system warranty the second she started it and heard those Magnaflows under the back.. :tear:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Mazda can't void your warranty if you're using their own parts that they designed and built specifically for the car on it.

I know my service writer voided my exhaust system warranty the second she started it and heard those Magnaflows under the back.. :tear:[/b]
Thats why its lame because the price is jacked up so high, but it is tempting to keep the warrenty.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I know my service writer voided my exhaust system warranty the second she started it and heard those Magnaflows under the back.. :tear:[/b]
biatch!! Give her a taste of the back of your hand!

·
Registered
728 Posts
tint
wheels
tires
more tint
and a BIG UGLY STICKER across the front window...something stupid like bad wolf (saw that the other day...that guy was a badass!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.