Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not happy with it at all, the car is slow, and I'm pretty sure it isn't in my head, I dropped it off today and told them it was slow and to look into it. The car falls on its face after 4k rpm, and has since I got it, it can't really be this slow, it just can't. Hopefully they do something about it. If it is in my head and this is how fast the cars are, i'm gonna be upset. She has all of 300miles on her

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Im not happy with it at all, the car is slow, and I'm pretty sure it isn't in my head, I dropped it off today and told them it was slow and to look into it. The car falls on its face after 4k rpm, and has since I got it, it can't really be this slow, it just can't. Hopefully they do something about it. If it is in my head and this is how fast the cars are, i'm gonna be upset. She has all of 300miles on her
[/b]
did u have them drain the tank yet?

·
Registered
117 Posts
At 300 miles, I'm assuming you're still on the initial tank of gas, or just filled up. Let me assure you....these cars run like total ass on 87 octane gas. People can say what they want, but this car will not get out of its own damn way with inadequate fuel in the tank....PERIOD. You need to wear your dealer's ass out for putting the wrong fuel in the tank. Hell, it clearly states right on the inside of the filler cap..."PREMIUM FUEL ONLY....SUPER UNIQUE!", and those idiots still can't get it right. You are going through exactly the same thing I did, when I first bought my car. Goodluck man, I feel your pain, just stick to your guns, and make the dealer do the right thing(which was draining the tank in my case).

These cars, when running right, are not slow. I just took a good friend of mine, who has a low 12 second Lightning, for a ride tonight, and also let him drive the car. He had a smile on his face a mile wide. He could not get over how quick the car was. It far surpassed his expectations, and he kept commenting on how fun it was to drive, how hard it pulled, and how effortlessly it accelerated on the highway. While these cars may not be ferociously fast, they are definitely not slow, I promise you that much.

·
Registered
583 Posts
dude. they say it takes four tanks to be rid of one full tank of crap gas. be patient you shouldn't be getting on it enough to notice the power drop yet. out of anyone that has posted their experiences i think i have experienced the worst case of powerloss and that was through all the gears across the entire rpm spectrum. several times. with the "traditional" powerloss after 4k and the obvious lack of gooo after 6k.

my reflash should be in in about a week or two. i say "my" because they made it seem like my car would have its own individual reflash and they didn't mention a complete TSB. in fact they made mention that it was a flash for my car alone. i don't know how far they are with the re-flash for everyone, but hopefully mine will work and i will report back. i will certainly report back and ask ALOT of questions because i know you guys will too. i will also ask if the reflash is for across the board and then you guys can go pester your service depts.

eE BREAK IN YOUR CAR FIRST.

·
Registered
194 Posts
"These cars, when running right, are not slow. I just took a good friend of mine, who has a low 12 second Lightning, for a ride tonight, and also let him drive the car. He had a smile on his face a mile wide. He could not get over how quick the car was. It far surpassed his expectations, and he kept commenting on how fun it was to drive, how hard it pulled, and how effortlessly it accelerated on the highway. While these cars may not be ferociously fast, they are definitely not slow, I promise you that much."

Okay, without causing "problems", let's just say I've piloted some wicked fast low-mid 10 second motorcycles (954RR being the fastest thus far) and fast cars (Vipers, '05 Corvettes, GTO's, etc), and I'll still testify that my MS6 is one heck of a fast sport sedan.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
[/b]
That's the O powerloss issue. :( O btw, check my sig. This car is far from slow. :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
[/b]
I feel your pain. I had the same issue when I got my car. But the car is not to blame, the dealer is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to add some info ive learned.
the speed6 runs weak when you first get it 4 rpms you start to drop off. bad gas will kick you in the butt hard so go with the best.
after the first 1000 miles the car changes it rides harder faster shifts smoother and all around runs better. you can now pump it up to 6 rmps and get good speed. at 2000 miles the cars getts even better handling and speed all start to really come together. aqlot of the crapy track times and handleing stuff for the car have been done before it hits 2000miles. the car really hits its peak at 3000miles and then you see the power this car has. i red line my speed and get power all the way to the redline in all gears!
gas in the number one thing tho, yiou have to test a bunch of stations and find the gas that gives you the best power.
exxon and shell have been the best all others seem to have lower oct, gas( they do that at some stations charge you for 93 94 and give you 89)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
hunter0
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing