Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now I have 2 12' Kenwood Dual Coil Subs and a Amp that has pleanty to power them. I am very satisfied with there output...but for some reason, I want more. I was looking at getting two Alpine Type-Rs. Which is quite a bit more boom. My question is, can having too much bass cause enough vibration to damage or make parts on the car come loss? What is too much, cuz I dont want my new car to go and fall apart on me haha. Thanks

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
maybe if it were over the period of time of 10+ years and constantly blasted would that setup rattle your car apart. the guys that do SPL competitions still have their car intact, so i wouldn't worry about anything if i were you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
So right now I have 2 12' Kenwood Dual Coil Subs and a Amp that has pleanty to power them. I am very satisfied with there output...but for some reason, I want more. I was looking at getting two Alpine Type-Rs. Which is quite a bit more boom. My question is, can having too much bass cause enough vibration to damage or make parts on the car come loss? What is too much, cuz I dont want my new car to go and fall apart on me haha. Thanks
[/b]
Apparently you don't watch the Mythbusters on Discovery Channel.

Take it from someone who has been into car audio since the late 80's. No.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You can put 20 12" subs with 20,000 watts running full blast and the only thing the would be damaged would be your hearing!

·
Registered
705 Posts
You can put 20 12" subs with 20,000 watts running full blast and the only thing the would be damaged would be your hearing!
[/b]
Where exactly might put 20 12" subs plus enough amps & batteries to supply 20,000 watts? You'd have to remove the back seats and possibly the passenger seat, then I still am not sure you could physically fit all of that into a 6.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Where exactly might put 20 12" subs plus enough amps & batteries to supply 20,000 watts? You'd have to remove the back seats and possibly the passenger seat, then I still am not sure you could physically fit all of that into a 6.
[/b]
no engine. :laugh:

·
Registered
705 Posts
no engine. :laugh:
[/b]
Doh! I forgot about that. Fill the engine bay with batteries and a couple dozen amps

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Doh! I forgot about that. Fill the engine bay with batteries and a couple dozen amps
[/b]
exactly. you can have a mouse on a wheel attached to an alternator to keep them batteries charged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts