Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On "Today's Posts," I can hold the mouse cursor over a prospective post selection area, and the beginning verbiage of the underlying post shows up in a box. This does not work in any (most?) other areas of this site. Is there a setting I can check off to get the beginning verbiage box for all post selection areas? I think it is a helpful feature. Maybe it is vBulletin® setting for the administrator to set up; or an extra cost feature; or a different version is required ... I do not know.

Other sites using vBulletin® have the prospective post selection / mouse cursor beginning verbiage box in all of the main topic areas.

I know I am probably using incorrect terminology. Let me know if a better description is needed to understand what the heck I am trying to describe.

Thanks.

Don

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I can hold the mouse cursor over a prospective post selection area, and the beginning verbiage of the underlying post shows up in a box. Cool.

Did something change on the forum side of things ? Or on my system perhaps ?

Thanks.

Don

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm ... when I am not logged in, the bar toward the top of the page reads "Today's Posts," and the underlying verbiage box does not appear as originally described.

But when I am logged in, the bar toward the top of the page reads "New Posts," and the underlying verbiage box does appear.

Perhaps this is an added feature for being logged in, although other vBulletin® sites show the box without regard to being logged in.

My observation and 2¢.

Don

·
Administrator
1,365 Posts
Hmm ... when I am not logged in, the bar toward the top of the page reads "Today's Posts," and the underlying verbiage box does not appear as originally described.

But when I am logged in, the bar toward the top of the page reads "New Posts," and the underlying verbiage box does appear.

Perhaps this is an added feature for being logged in, although other vBulletin® sites show the box without regard to being logged in.

My observation and 2¢.

Don
Hello,

The board is set up to show Today's Posts to unregistered members and New Posts to registered members.

The New Posts is coupled with the Active Topics, where the Active Topics shows which threads you have engaged within.

- Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Administrator
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing