Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
* squishy brake pedal (makes a grinding noise when you stand on the pedal)
* excessive oil consumption
* any recalls or computer updates

hope there's nothing serious!!! :drive:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Make sure they check/replace your PCV valve.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
My brake pedal is a little squishy right now, but I think that was from the track and not a Mazda defect :) Good luck on the repairs.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, not much to report....

the squishy brake was stated to be some type of air-bleedoff valve (i have no clue what the heck they were saying) - but they said the 'sound' was normal...

they did a visual ONLY on the damned oil system - no leaks no further inspection - they suggested that i replace the PCV valve (instead of them doing it!)

they did upgrade my ECU for a recall (can't remember the one, but i think it's the redline fix one)

bastages charged me $95 :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
well, not much to report....

the squishy brake was stated to be some type of air-bleedoff valve (i have no clue what the heck they were saying) - but they said the 'sound' was normal...

they did a visual ONLY on the damned oil system - no leaks no further inspection - they suggested that i replace the PCV valve (instead of them doing it!)

they did upgrade my ECU for a recall (can't remember the one, but i think it's the redline fix one)
bastages charged me $95 :(
[/b]
This is hilarious, my 06 is in the shop right because the oil light went on 1200 miles after they did a oil change... I've been in a loaner for 4 days now, and the IDIOT CONNECTION changed a couple of parts and have been on the phone with the techs in CA, and they are all lost. Any1 have a MAP ?? :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
What did you say to them when you took the car in? Was it for routine service or did you give them a list of TSBs to look at?

Even if it is under warranty, it's $$ for them since they bill Mazda, right?

* squishy brake pedal (makes a grinding noise when you stand on the pedal)
* excessive oil consumption
* any recalls or computer updates

hope there's nothing serious!!! :drive:
[/b]

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow that 6.5k redline sure does SUCK! the car is pulling hard all the way and then "pffft" dead.... ugh

·
Registered
153 Posts
i like it. it seems more responsive than before. not very often i'm up at 6500rpms though. it also seems my gas mileage has improved!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like it. it seems more responsive than before. not very often i'm up at 6500rpms though. it also seems my gas mileage has improved!
[/b]
i do agree, it does seem more responsive - but could be due to the fact that i unhooked the battery too :sarc:

they didn't even reset the ECU when they flashed it, the rpms were bouncing all over the place when i got the car :slap: dumb technicians!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
[/b]
wow that 6.5k redline sure does SUCK! the car is pulling hard all the way and then "pffft" dead.... ugh
[/b]
[/b]
I don't get it .... and now you have better response ??? Did you originally need to 'cause you had problems ... confused I am .... enlighten me like a Newbie to this please
Oh ya , change dealer ... like zoom-ZOOM , fast

B

·
0 Posts
This is hilarious, my 06 is in the shop right because the oil light went on 1200 miles after they did a oil change... I've been in a loaner for 4 days now, and the IDIOT CONNECTION changed a couple of parts and have been on the phone with the techs in CA, and they are all lost. Any1 have a MAP ?? :D
[/b]

Oh no here is the laundry list of shiznet that has gone wrong with mine... I purchased it brand new 2004 Mazda 6S fully loaded 5 speed...... Even drove it off the Cargo plane with the plastic still on the dash.... The first time NELSON MAZDA in TUlsa ok rotated and balanced my tires some genius mechanic forgot to tighten my lugnuts so I had a rim and tire go rolling off the car... while i was driving... It has been in for service more than 20 times... The right front A arm and entire suspension set up was replaced... My brake fluid cap does not lock on it just sits there... They told me it was normal... BS..I was turning left across traffic one day when it just died and when i started it back up the chek engine light came on... Went back to service and it was 5 mins b4 closing the service manager Frasier told me it was nothing and to drive it until monday it would be fine... When my traction control kicks in its extremely rough.. I have a loose motor mount that mazda will not fix... My car total has been in the shop for around 5 months combined... It has been nothing but a problem...ANYONE ELSE HAVE AS MANY PROBLEMS?????

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Cargo plane? When do they ship Mazda 6's by air, and let owners onto the tarmac to unload them even if they are shipped by air?

The alleged lugnut issue (how long was it after the wheels were rotated that this happened? Always retorque on alloy wheels) sounds like it caused or contributed to many of the alleged issues.

B

·
0 Posts
Cargo plane? When do they ship Mazda 6's by air, and let owners onto the tarmac to unload them even if they are shipped by air?

The alleged lugnut issue (how long was it after the wheels were rotated that this happened? Always retorque on alloy wheels) sounds like it caused or contributed to many of the alleged issues.
[/b]

This one was shipped by air b/c i told the dealership i would not wait any longer... This was the only 6s with rapid copper paint and black on black interior with a 5 speed... It was originally intended for a salesperson in florida... It was that the dealership either got it here asap and let me pick it up or i wasn't buying it.

It was less than 3 miles after they changed the tires that the right rear came flying off... FUn...

·
Registered
680 Posts
... but before you answer that, do you understand what it costs to run an airplane? I find it very hard to believe that any Mazda dealer would fork out the loot to fly your car to you....under any circumstances! A plane capable of transporting a car might cost $1000/hr to run at the very LEAST!

I'm not raising the flag just yet because I am interested in hearing the rest of your story about this.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Cargo Plane?

1> Shipping a car via plane would cost more than the car itself. At a minimum you're looking at $3.50 to $4.00 per pound to ship a car via air, bringing the cost over $10,000 at a bare minimum. Compared to about $300 to ship it via truck. The North American President of Mazda ain't gettin' his cars flown in at those costs, let alone some schmo off the street. It'd be cheaper for them to cut you a check for 10 grand and tell you to have a nice day rather than fly your car in at a HUGE loss.

2> No company in the world is going to let just anyone drive a car off a plane.

3> 5-Speed Coppers with Black interior aren't that rare.

·
Registered
107 Posts

[/b]

I agree. Alleged indeed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
13 Participants
fly757
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing