Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much to upgrade software on infotainment system 2019 Mazda 6 from the dealer? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Are referring to the latest version of CarPlay/Android Auto? I haven't updated mine so I don't know what I'm missing. I'm the kind of person who is not that excited with the latest software when what I have is working.

To answer your question:
1. Call your dealership. That's the best way to know.
2. Those who updated their system didn't say anything about it after downloading the latest firmware. @TalonTsi90 has a copy.

·
Registered
2016 6
503 Posts
There are and will always be issues with some of the infotainment software from Mazda BUT as a former tech I can tell you that doing the updates does help increase the speed of the system and if you have any certain bugs the updates can get rid of them. Now you have to make sure that they update the system correctly or you will have issues. For starters do you know what version of software you currently have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are and will always be issues with some of the infotainment software from Mazda BUT as a former tech I can tell you that doing the updates does help increase the speed of the system and if you have any certain bugs the updates can get rid of them. Now you have to make sure that they update the system correctly or you will have issues. For starters do you know what version of software you currently have?
I have no idea what version software I have. How do I find that information?

·
Registered
2016 6
503 Posts
I have no idea what version software I have. How do I find that information?
Go into settings menu and go all the way to the right tab and scroll down to version info. Clicking on that should tell you the software version which for example an old version would be 59.00.XXX. The newest version available when I left Mazda in October was 74.00.230, there may be a newer one available but idk. If the software is less than 70.00.100 then the dealer will need to install a new failsafe as well so when you go in for that make sure they do that as well.

·
Registered
2016 6
503 Posts
My current software version is 70.00.330
So that's a relatively bug free version of the software but it is a few versions behind. You may see some issues with the apple carplay and some of the other features but it's really up to you at this point if you want to update it, like archer mentioned some of the others on here may have copies that you can get or you can just go to the dealer and see what it costs. Realistically the updates can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use Android Auto. My wife has Apple Car Play but I have never configured it in my car. The system is performing so far so good but I will ask my dealer about the upgrade. I also changed out the USB cord to a better cord and I did notice a bit faster connection to Android Auto on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
2016 6
503 Posts
I use Android Auto. My wife has Apple Car Play but I have never configured it in my car. The system is performing so far so good but I will ask my dealer about the upgrade. I also changed out the USB cord to a better cord and I did notice a bit faster connection to Android Auto on the infotainment screen.
Yea usually we told customers to use the genuine apple or android cords instead of like those cheap gas stations usb's, they really do make a difference, and honestly as long as your not having any type of glitches happening with the system then I wouldn't be too concerned about updating the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts