Mazda 6 Forums banner

To the wagon fans...

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  brightwhite 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds like the answer to a question nobody asked, but it looks sweet.

#7 ·
Sounds like the answer to a question nobody asked, but it looks sweet.
[/b]
There's a definite market for this vehicle - especially at the moment with so many people (myself included) trading their SUVs for performance-oriented, but practical cars that get decent gas mileage.

I'd have bought an MS6 wagon in a heartbeat, if for no other reason than the AWD. Personally, I'd rather have a naturally-aspirated V6, but the AWD would have sealed the deal for me.

#8 ·
This is the last year for the wagon, since more of the US segment is into the SUV crossovers, CX-7 and the CX-9. It is sad that this vehicle will not be sold here, as it would be in my driveway right this minute, Europe gets all of the goodies.

#10 ·
This is the last year for the wagon, since more of the US segment is into the SUV crossovers, CX-7 and the CX-9. It is sad that this vehicle will not be sold here, as it would be in my driveway right this minute, Europe gets all of the goodies.
[/b]
That's a real shame. I probably would have wound up settling for a Legacy Wagon had Mazda not sold the wagon in '06 (although knowing now what I didn't know then, I probably would have opted for the hatch). Yes, the crossovers have attracted a lot of people looking for more fuel-efficient SUVs, but a lot of people realize that the lower center of gravity and better aerodynamics of a wagon make for a more satisfying and fuel efficient vehicle - with all the cargo-carrying ability of a small SUV.

I have a feeling that once gas prices go back to $3-4/gallon (probably next summer), the wagons will be in demand once again. The availability of a wagon is a huge competitive advantage for Mazda compared to its primary competition (the Accord/Camry).

#11 ·
I want one!!!

#12 ·
Nice!

This is just about the perfect alternative to the growing number of crossovers, including the CX-7. This ia also the reason why it won't ever be sold in the US, because of the CX-7.

I'd take one over the CX-7, though... :)

#15 ·
Making an automatic an option would be great for those of us who prefer not to have a broken leg from dealing with traffic. I would settle for the auto option and not even the wagon body style.

#16 ·
OMG, I would love to have had that option when I bought my wagon this summer.

Automatic though? Pointless. 6spd manual is the only way to fly with that car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.