Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, apparently if you have a classic model 6 you can purchase the bose system and mazda will fit it. Each speaker has to be purchased seperately, and is supposed to be expensive. I will ask my local dealer for prices in the next few days.
Those with bose, is it worth it?
Those with classic model are you happy with your current sound?
My classic 6 is arriving in 2-3 weeks so I have to decide what to do.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Replying to Topic 'TO BOSE OR NOT TO BOSE?'

damn i didnt know you could get bose with the classic:( ..I'd be interested to see what the cost will be..let us know;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Reading Topic: TO BOSE OR NOT TO BOSE?

Sound not to bad in the classic. But I would prefer to go with a decent system other than the bose.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just found out some prices, what a joke. Amp $2200, Sub $2200, rear speakers a pair $610. Not including the front split speakers we are already up to over $5000. Now these are for the original bose system. Now I could pay that much extra and get the luxury sports model with sunroof, leather and xtra airbags. What a rip mazda!

·
Registered
922 Posts

Originally posted by Hum

Just found out some prices, what a joke.  Amp $2200, Sub $2200, rear speakers a pair $610.  Not including the front split speakers we are already up to over $5000.  Now these are for the original bose system.  Now I could pay that much extra and get the luxury sports model with sunroof, leather and xtra airbags.  What a rip mazda![/b]
ya kidding???? fuck that for a joke

·
Registered
231 Posts

Yes that is a rip off.

Some people have had luck using the stock radio and changing the Amp, Speakers and adding a subwoofer. Probably, alot cheaper and you could have a sound that is tailored to you. There are alot of posts on this in the Interior Mod section.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah sounds like the way to go, I can get a Alpine system with 6 speakers, amp and sub for $2000, and it sounds sweet.

·
Registered
237 Posts

i'd get the stock and change the stock speakers to probably kenwood 6" x 8", though i havn't found anywhere that sells them in australia, yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts

hey Hum go with the Alpine, you cant go wrong.:p See you Thu when we pick up your red chilli devil. What do you think of my photo???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Cool photo, mine will be up next week, then we'll post both together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts