Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I think it's about time for me to get a rides page posted, so here we go! I drive a 2005 glacier silver 6i.

There is the most recent picture. Mods include:

Exterior:
Ebay black mesh grille
Stubby antenna
Plasti dip rear emblems
Door guard delete
'06 Black tail lights
LED driving lights
6crew window decals
Smoked side markers w/ LED
LED license plate lights
JDMgoodie Vent Visors

Interior:
LED strips in trunk
LED dome and door lights
Black leather shift knob
Mazda all-weather floor mats
Coverking Spacer Mesh seat covers
LED under dash lighting
LED cup holder lights

Audio:
Auxmod

Engine:
Painted engine cover and fuse box
AEM short ram intake
TB and cam sensor ground

There is still PLENTY of stuff I want to do to this car. Window tint is on the short list along with a magnaflow cat back system. And before I hear NEEDS MOAR LOW!!!! I've thought about it several times, but with the roads I drive on daily, I don't know if it makes sense or not. Some pics below, more pics to come.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice ride man. You need some rims and a drop. I know you said something about maybe not getting one but just get a mild drop. Doesn't mean you need to slam it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Coming along nicely sir... Even if you don't want to drop it i would still suggest grabbing some rims, even if you just grab some OEM alloys. Though i'm super biased when it comes to rims 5 spoke FTW.

I can't wait till the snow goes bye bye so I can put on all the parts I bought this winter :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I've wanted some rims ever since I got the car... but everytime I have enough saved to get them something comes up, most recently getting laid off :(

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decided to plasti-dip my mirrors... I screwed up the drivers side though so I'm redoing it now. I'll take better pics when its done.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just installed my new CoverKing Custom Spacer seat covers... I am pretty happy with them. Looks a heck of a lot better than the old, decroded piece of crap factory seat did.

I do apologize for the filthy floor mats :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got some under dash lighting installed. I'm not happy with the color though, the rest of my interior lights are 5k white and I hate that it doesn't match. I'll be replacing it with red soon.

·
Registered
738 Posts
damn man that looks sweet! where did you purchase those seats? my sister's looking for some for her 6 and temporarily she's got those cheap ass walmart covers lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey man nice ride very clean engine bay. You need to go on some rims even OEM ones. Other then that looks nice. Where did you get your seat covers ? I want to cover my seats nd those look nice

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I got the seat covers from CarID.com. They had them for the cheapest price at the time, I think it was $119 delivered, don't hold me to that though. They are Coverking, so just search for that you might find them cheaper. There are several different kinds too. I'm pretty happy with these so far, they dont seem to be moving around much, which is a good thing.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok well I had the day off so I decided to switch the under dash lighting to red and wire it up the way I wanted. Since there are already DIY's and other threads about this, I'm just gonna put the steps I took in here.

First, remove the cup holders and shift cover. I've found it's a lot easier to remove the cup holders by using a putty knife to pull the tabs away from the side.

Then, using a t-tap, I spliced into the glove box light so the LED strips will turn on with the headlights.

After much deliberation, I decided to install a separate switch for the lights. I'm glad I did, because I can see where there could be times when you wouldn't want them on. I just leave it in the on position so that the lights still turn on with the headlights. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the ashtray for the switch. Out of sight, but convenient. Make sure you clean out all of the gunk that has accumulated along the top of this piece before you put the lid back on :)

After I attached the led strips, I pulled the wires through that hole in the center panel under the radio. Then I soldered and heat shrunk everything for quality connections.

End results:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So I had a little free time today and decided to have a go at installing some cup holder lights. Here is my mini DIY:

After removing the cup holder and contemplating on where to place the LEDs, I decided to bring them in from the passenger side. One, it just seemed like a good location and two, I hadn't seen anyone put them in from that side so I figured I'd go ahead and do it for thoroughness. I drilled my holes in the center of those conveniently placed dividers, which happen to be in the center of each cup hole.

After drilling the holes, I broke out the dremmel to grind down the excess plastic from drilling, and also to scuff up the smooth surface to give the super glue something to hold on to.

After super gluing the LEDs in this is what I ended up with.

I taped down the wires on the cup holder, and added wire extensions to go to the previously installed switch for the under dash lighting. I didn't solder these extensions like I normally would, instead I just used male and female connectors so I could just unplug them if I ever had to remove the cup holder and not have to tear out the shift cover.

And the final result:

Longer exposure for extra oomph... should have used a tripod :/

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The blue and performance white is a hot combo

1 - 20 of 40 Posts